Discuss Most Used Electrical Suppliers & Electrical Wholesalers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its bad news when the public can buy cheaper than our so-called discounted rates at the wholesalers. I would like to support my wholesalers, but more often than not, I have to buy from Electrifix. Having said that, the click and collect and delivery is second to none..
CEF have a good internet service but are at times blimin expensive.

Its bad news when the public can buy cheaper than our so-called discounted rates at the wholesalers. I would like to support my wholesalers, but more often than not, I have to buy from Electrifix. Having said that, the click and collect and delivery is second to none..
CEF have a good internet service but are at times blimin expensive.
im buying a lot of tools etc from ebay shops now, the click and collect at argos is sometimes quicker than amazon

I use screwfix when i have to, but i get virtually everything from my local merchant in Bridlington - West BS.
good stock holding, friendly and helpful staff, and cheaper than screwfix too :)

I only voted for screwfix because electric center isn't on the list very fair and friendly . I won't use Cef waste of time . I was in one branch won't name them stood at the counter for a good 10 mins and repeatedly rang the bell all sat in the office on their fat arses couldn't be bothered to serve me so that done it for me that was 15 yrs ago and they are quite local rather drive 5 miles somewhere else .

I only voted for screwfix because electric center isn't on the list very fair and friendly . I won't use Cef waste of time . I was in one branch won't name them stood at the counter for a good 10 mins and repeatedly rang the bell all sat in the office on their fat arses couldn't be bothered to serve me so that done it for me that was 15 yrs ago and they are quite local rather drive 5 miles somewhere else .

Isn't electric centre and edmunsons the same company now?

birmingham branch then.

ive been in coalville branch and i couldnt believe i was in aa cef branch.

there was no one else in there and there were two, yes two people on the counter when i walked in.

its summer hell cant have frozen over!!!

birmingham branch then.

there was no one else in there and there were two, yes two people on the counter when i walked in.

Ive used Coalville cef when I changed all the MH fittings in bunzl healthcares warehouse in Coalville. You not far from there then Shanky?

birmingham branch then.

Coventry North other local sparks won't use them either very inconsistent pricing at times

AT&T in Brentford/Ealing west London are pretty vast. Have pretty much everything apart from brass accessories that the odd client requires!

Completely unloyal ----- these days. wherevers easy.

Use screwfix a lot, great for those days when you've got a lot to get done as order online while having your morning coffee at home/evening before, swing by at 7ish and spend 5 mins grabbing it, beat the absolute worst of traffic and on the job before 8 with all you need.

conventional wholesale, turn up at 7:45 and watch the counter monkeys inside scowl at you through the window waiting behind the locked doors until they absolutely HAVE to do some work and open the doors at 8, (not like they'd do any more work by opening the doors earlier eh?) wait until the 3 prats already ahead of you get served, leave 30+ mins later and cop the school run and get to the job angry and bothered at gone 9:30.

Other than that.. sparks direct are about the best of the locals and get a lot of my biz if I'm passing... many things though I'm quite particular about eg I like ansell titan LED downlights so order them from fastlec, and many things - the other day it was a brushed steel architrave switch - it takes 5 mins to order online or brain destroying pain trying to explain to certain local shops what it is exactly you want. the they order the wrong thing.

I find them mostly quite rubbish TBH, for instance I like to keep black FP in 2&3 core as it dresses quite nicely for outdoor works, despite several cable manufacturers making +stocking it the rigmarole in getting a wholesaler to ask them for a fresh drum of 3 core recently... most wholesalers seem to think if it isnt on the shelf it's unobtainium. Smile and nod and pretend you'll look into it. The largest wholesale group in this country made a complete drama a little while ago getting me a D32 wylex MCB as buying it meant they had to get a box of 10 and they didnt want to unless I bought the whole box of 10. WTF do I need with a box of 10.

I really think for someone with an annual spend of £30k or so you get pretty poor service. Consider it, if mine or yours wife spent £3k a month in the local selfridges they practically be prostrating themselves as she walks in. The manager would be buying you drinks if he saw you in the pub.

Reply to Most Used Electrical Suppliers & Electrical Wholesalers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net