Discuss Multiple lights and power socket not working but no blow fuses - any ideas? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nickyp_uk

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help. We have a fused switch that controls 4 LED lights next to a power socket which have both stopped working.

We have tried replacing the fuse in the fused switch, but that hasn't resolved the issue.

Reseting all fuses in the fusebox hasn't fixed the issue either.

Does anyone know what could be the issue? It seems strange to me that the both the lights and the power socket have stopped working without it being a fuse issue and without anything else in the house not working...

Attachments

• IMG_5747.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5748.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 28
The twin socket looks to be on a wooden panel.
The answer may be behind there, either they're both plugged into a socket, fuse gone in plug, or they both connected into another FCU (fused switch) behind the panel.

The twin socket looks to be on a wooden panel.
The answer may be behind there, either they're both plugged into a socket, fuse gone in plug, or they both connected into another FCU (fused switch) behind the panel.
Thanks for the suggestion, looks like the panel is pretty firmly glued in place with insulating foam looking like it occupies most of the space behind it judging by the looks of things when I remove the faceplate of the main plug.

There does seem to be a reasonable amount of space behind the fused spur, but I can't seem to be able to remove the plastic backbox that the faceplate screws into. I'm assuming there must be a easy way of doing this, but struggling to see how without breaking it. Any tips would be much appreciated!

I don’t, can get one though. Wouldn’t know what to do with it though
Ah
I was more saying to use it it to check if there is auctully voltage at the back of that fcu between the live and neutral
If you aren't sure what to do with it I'd get a professional though

That said check the fuse again btw

Ah
I was more saying to use it it to check if there is auctully voltage at the back of that fcu between the live and neutral
If you aren't sure what to do with it I'd get a professional though

That said check the fuse again btw
To check if the fuse is ok take it out of the switched spur and put in into a plug on an appliance you know works for example a table lamp. If the lamp works then the fuse is ok . If the lamp does not work then the fuse is blown which could of been course by a number of things . Either way it sound like you will need an electrician . Unless as other as said there is another fuse somewhere behind the boxing or in the back of a cupboard or under it .

To check if the fuse is ok take it out of the switched spur and put in into a plug on an appliance you know works for example a table lamp. If the lamp works then the fuse is ok . If the lamp does not work then the fuse is blown which could of been course by a number of things . Either way it sound like you will need an electrician . Unless as other as said there is another fuse somewhere behind the boxing or in the back of a cupboard or under it .
yep agreed

Reply to Multiple lights and power socket not working but no blow fuses - any ideas? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net