Currently reading:
Name your tune...

Discuss Name your tune... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree with some of what you are saying.Yes Elvis came along at the right time and did indeed open the doors for other artist,namely black dudes who were trapped in the Racist system.Incidently Carl Perkins was white.
Now im a big big 50s Rock n Roll fan,and yes your correct in saying the likes of Chuck Berry,Litle Richard,Big Bopper,Fats Dominoe,Jerry Lee to name but a few were talented and exiting to watch and listen to,but put Elvis along side any of these and there is something extra going on,i cant put my finger on it,but i guess its just he had the moves the looks the voice the whole package.And before he was an entertainer,guess what he was a Electrician.

Was that before of after his career as a truck driver??

As I said Geordie, I thought he was mixed race. I stand corrected.
Either way, I'll bet he got shafted for the royalties by Colonel Tom Parker.

Aye .... fair comment bonny lad :) ........ I wonder who didn't get shafted by Parker.

(now Chuck Berry was black when I met him ;) )

I'm sure there's some Alan Holdsworth stuff on youtube mate. If you're into guitar players he's well worth checking out
If you're into guitar players take a look at this guy Stanley Jordan - Stairway to Heaven - YouTube
I'm glad he's an ugly little dwarf because if he was a handsome lad he'd have everything, it's just wrong that anyone can play two guitars at once

canny that trev,technically brilliant,but sometimes you need raw guitar to get ya feet tapping..

bob mould/husker du byrds cover,
Husker Du - Eight Miles High - YouTube

Aye .... fair comment bonny lad :) ........ I wonder who didn't get shafted by Parker.

(now Chuck Berry was black when I met him ;) )
An old mate of mine who is no longer with us was in a band who got to back Chuck at Sunderland. He never got to meet him, reckoned Chuck bowled up 5 minutes before gig time and wouldn't talk to them. Did the gig and left straight away.
All they were told was the opening song, the rest was just whatever Chuck felt like playing

An old mate of mine who is no longer with us was in a band who got to back Chuck at Sunderland. He never got to meet him, reckoned Chuck bowled up 5 minutes before gig time and wouldn't talk to them. Did the gig and left straight away.
All they were told was the opening song, the rest was just whatever Chuck felt like playing

Yep ... that's exactly right !!

He rolls up, unpacks his guitar which is rarely in tune with itself & never in tune with the band & expects them all to retune to him !!

What about all the old folk singers...!! Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Peter Paul and Mary, Joni Mitchell. There my favourites, and I've even got the guitar out in Stroud a couple of times and sung a few of their tunes. I made more from that than my new venture into electrics so far!! :hippy:

Wouldnt have the space or time to list mine but your looking at the 60s, 70s and 80s. I like some modern music but the oldies are in a different league - maybe because they got to where they are though hard work instead of just winning some reality competition on TV.

Some of my favourites include:

1) The Beatles
2) Guns N Roses
3) Fleetwood Mac
4) Led Zeplin
5) Oasis (Yeah I know these aren't a old band but one of the few I like)

Some songs you just can't play loud enough!

[video=youtube;Mln0RciE2o0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mln0RciE2o0&feature=related[/video]

I like stuff like this, it's not the pretentious title I like it's the laid back electronica:

[video=youtube;HsRxO_icGTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsRxO_icGTw&feature=related[/video]

Reply to Name your tune... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock