Discuss NEDL , FAULTS and 38 Million Pounds! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

well our all singing and all dancing data centre went OFF line at a cost of 38million GBP yesterday!

various little niggles in a brand new system but netherless its a learning curve!

scenario!

loss of HV overhead line to site causing DG's to kick in and take load..! however Outage only lasted 7 seconds so the Mains was back on and the DG's breaker never closed however a stupid interlock prevented the Mains Breaker from remaking as well!

i wont go in to detail as it boring !!

any way the mains supply dropped off again while the interlock cycle was in operation and scrambled the PLC (HAHAHAHA)

NEDL then aware of the fault attempted to Blast the Fault away by energising the line AGAIN causing the plc to become more confused and go in to fault reading!! and require a local reset!

after 3 power loss within 30mins NEDL killed the site and isolated teh line and routed via other parts of the grid...!

the down result! no mains for 45 mins! no DG's to take the load UPS = DEAD after 12 minutes (although with current loading it should have been resiliant for 1.2hours)

a 1.2billion GBP date centre was brough to its Knees and a 21st century support system failed to work...

MINT!!

so you work for ISS then? Wonder who will take the hit, probably insured for just such a thing. LMAO though

Last edited by a moderator:
what oil pump filters...!! :)

yeah i am a jack of all trades Lenny! Marine Engineer, Customer Service Rep, Electrician, MCA Accredited Firefighter, ocasional cleaner and coffee machine re filler!!

my latest stunt on site is to provide security a means off turning OFF there lights in there little room so they can play xbox and watch movies in the dark...! nothing to do with wanting to have a nap or have night vision eyes on the late shift!

only problem is its all wired back to a PIR sensor that has a Cat 5 termination on them and they go to a master control box..!

i may just cut into the live feed at each light and fit an indivdual bank of switchs in a hidy hole that only they know about! that way they have control over what lights they want on or OFF

Reply to NEDL , FAULTS and 38 Million Pounds! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock