Discuss Need Help At Four Stroke Combustion Engine in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

That is not an alternator it has an oil line in and out with no means of cooling/ventilation. The 3D image clearly indicates a lubrication pump.

An oil cooled alternator has an oil line in and out. The means of cooling is, guess what, ....the oil!

Alternators by Model Family | Delco Remy - http://www.delcoremy.com/Alternators/Find-by-Model-Family/50DN

Oil cooled Benz alternator - Bulawayo - http://mangoads.net/classified/ads/category/Vehicle+Parts+and+Accessories/advert/5374

Snowhead is right, I put the comments on with educated guesses, I had no other reference. Based on all the feedback I got here and elsewhere, it seems to be a scavenger pump for a dry sump system, although the alternator is not shown on the model and I am trying to figure out if this part is a combination of both.

@PEG - "Start with suck-squeeze-bang-puff,and work towards all other four stroke principles." - I have done this on other webpages, but I need to order everything correctly. The internals are shown in the below image, there is a separate page for this and it is animated to show how the parts move.

View attachment 35484
Hi,i think this image,as i suspected,is a generic make-up,of similar types of engines,and their components.
If not,there would be,i suspect,a copyright mention of the manufacturer,and the model could be identified,and a definitive answer could be given.

It has an element filter housing,and would therefore have an internal mechanically driven oil pump.

On an a industrial,V6 turbo diesel engine,there would not be a primary oil lubrication pump,driven by a toothed belt. Any tensioner/belt throw issues = scrap engine.

If it is a scavenge pump,the drive is still wrong,there is not enough capacity,if it incorporates a reservoir,and,the only two visible lines,are from the sump to the main oil pressure gallery,which is incorrect,as a scavenge pump draws from the lowest point,and returns to a reservoir.

Tell me who makes that engine,and i will button it :)

Reply to Need Help At Four Stroke Combustion Engine in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net