Discuss Need help with a design project I’m new to all this and this blows my mind looking for ideas on how to go about this in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

a) Google some light fittings and choose which to use, download the manufacturers data sheet and use as a reference.

b) Think about where best to place socket-outlets, a kettle at low level in the cirner of a room is not ideal, normally better on a worktop not too far away from the sink???

c) Where is best to place the lights for people passing through, working at a desk, using the kettle, preparing food etc?

d) How many circuits do you need? One of two lighting circuits? If the lighting trips out will the whole area be plunged into darkness? Look at the loads for the towel rail etc. Will a faulty appliance knock out all the socket-outlets in the area? When designing an installation think about what would happen under fault conditions and how you can divide the circuits up to minimise disruption.

e) Would it be easier to run a distibution circuit to a different DB to reduce the amount of cable runs and long circuits in the installation.

Try not to answer all the questions at once, just work your way through them, bearing in mind one question may well lead to another on the sheet.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started in the right direction.

Just to add a bit more

Given the type of building does it need to have emergency lighting, will this be separate fittings or combined with the general lighting fittings for aesthetics

Imagine the drawings in 3D if you can and do the walk through to envisage what it needs to give a complete installation

a) Google some light fittings and choose which to use, download the manufacturers data sheet and use as a reference.

b) Think about where best to place socket-outlets, a kettle at low level in the cirner of a room is not ideal, normally better on a worktop not too far away from the sink???

c) Where is best to place the lights for people passing through, working at a desk, using the kettle, preparing food etc?

d) How many circuits do you need? One of two lighting circuits? If the lighting trips out will the whole area be plunged into darkness? Look at the loads for the towel rail etc. Will a faulty appliance knock out all the socket-outlets in the area? When designing an installation think about what would happen under fault conditions and how you can divide the circuits up to minimise disruption.

e) Would it be easier to run a distibution circuit to a different DB to reduce the amount of cable runs and long circuits in the installation.

Try not to answer all the questions at once, just work your way through them, bearing in mind one question may well lead to another on the sheet.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started in the right direction.
Thanks fir the reply this was a great help?

Reply to Need help with a design project I’m new to all this and this blows my mind looking for ideas on how to go about this in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net