Discuss New DB in garage conversion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Hi , now that im legally allowed to bodge electrics ;) my first notifiable work is a new Install on a garage conversion...

my plan at customer request! install new 4way DB in garage prior to conversion to a kitchen.

i intend to run new 25mm supply cables / 16mm earth from Meter out of a service connector and a 100a dp isolator, i then want to keep them low to the ground (out of sight) and enclose the cables in 25mm metal conduit and take them the short 6m distance around the front of house 90o bend and into the garage where the new DB will be! the customer wants to keep it all seperate from his house as he wants to install 2x washers and 2x dryers plus a lighting , cooker and power circuit!! i suggested extending the ring but he said no! seperate just in case he reverts back when he sells up in future!!

can you envisage any probs with my set up i plan..! i not tried to fit 2x 25mm cables in 25mm conduit yet so before i buy any any body else done it?

steve

You might find it a bit tight ( 2x25mm + 16mm cpc?) in 25mm conduit.and a couple of 90 bends!
Is there a service block there at the moment?
If there is I would suggest tails from the block to a switded fuse swa from the switced fuse to C.U. all outgoing ways of c.u. rcbo

You need to do the calcs for correct cable sizes

thought as much..!! is there any thing wrong with running the Earth seperatly in 20mm conduit?

the conduit incoporates only 2x 90 bends.. one at bottom of meter box and one at angle from garage approx 3m distance between..

looked at SWA but its more of a favour to this guy than a profit job!!! he wants cheapest i can do..! only reason i mentioned the 25mm tails is that i have 10m of brown and blue hanging in garage from a job i never needed them on :)

I would try and mechanically protect them if possible, especially being outside at low level.

The only sensible way i think is to use 16 or 25 SWA.

But, it doesnt play nice on 90 degree bends.

Reply to New DB in garage conversion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net