Discuss New PV install with keypad prepayment meter problem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deee

Hello

Having a problem with a new install. The system is running and producing really good results, provided by the monitoring equipment. However it has a keypad prepay meter and with with all but the tv turned off the credit on the meter are still running down when the system is showing to be producing good power.
I have searched around but am unable to find any similar problems regarding the credits still being used. Spoken with the DNO and electricity supplier but neither have been helpful at all.
Any ideas?

We had a prepayment meter installation, where we needed to get the Siemens prepayment meter changed out as it accumulated both on import and export (anti-theft feature).

This is my concern that either way the meter is taking credit even if the system is producing. Who changed the meter?

It could be that by design the meter counts upwards when power is fed in reverse through it. This is an anti fraud measure particularly likely to be put in place where electricity suppliers think such fraud is likely, ie the very same places they tend to put pre-payment rather than credit meters. You need to get a definitive statement from the supplier whether the meter is suitable for pv, or gather some evidence yourself by measurement that could stand up in court.

Edit: beaten to it I see

Reply to New PV install with keypad prepayment meter problem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I built a house with ground source heating 5 years ago and it's a fairly large house so I have 3 phase supply 80 amps per phase. I had...
Replies
Views
We have a meter EDMI - ES30B fitted to our property. I understand from the fact sheet for the smart meter...
Replies
Views
We had a new supply installed this week. DNO installed new cut out and fuse externally. Meter operator sent his engineer to move the meter in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Im in the proces of installing a meter room with 25 meters and riser. Allways i use communal area for cable route from each flats to meter room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock