Discuss New to the trade, New to the Forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dominic Platt

Hi Everyone!!
Hows it going?
As the title says, I am new to the forum and hopefully will be getting trained in the trade very soon!!
I am looking to start the 2365 course, to be able to gain a basic knowledge of the area to then be able to get a job as a mate or something then go on and do the 2357 and the edition 17 to become fully qualified. Fingers crossed.
I have come to realise that it is not going to be a quick process by any means but with a little determination and persistence i should get there...
Anyone else in a similar sort of situation or have any advice for someone who is a total newbie wanting to get a foot into the door??
Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dom

Welcome aboard, Dom :)

Good training route! Very best of luck to you!

Couple of tips to get you started: (1) add your (rough) UK location, and (2) when you start your training, ask to join the trainee section here. It's nice in there - lots of useful resources, and folk are constructive in their criticism and enthusiastic in their praise. And there's competitions and stuff.

Enjoy! :)

Hey Steve!! Thanks for the reply buddy!!
added my location to my profile now... So that might help locate help in the area! Thanks for that.
there are just so many different courses out there! I've been reading a hell if a lot this past day or so as it has only really just jumped out at me that it is something I really want to do.
it just seemed the most logical route really. Now just need to find the ways and means to be able to enrol on a course... Let the fun commence.

Hey Steve!! Thanks for the reply buddy!!
added my location to my profile now... So that might help locate help in the area! Thanks for that.
there are just so many different courses out there! I've been reading a hell if a lot this past day or so as it has only really just jumped out at me that it is something I really want to do.
it just seemed the most logical route really. Now just need to find the ways and means to be able to enrol on a course... Let the fun commence.

Oh!! ..... another Geordie???

Welcome bonny lad .. just a couple more to join-up and we'll take over this place, clean it, paint it and SELL IT!!! :)

I regret to inform you that, unfortunately, i aren't actually a Geordie. As much as I wish I was because the accent is awesome... I am from York originally.
You got any tips for someone that would want to train as an electrician from scratch? I mean, I have a house to support and bills to keep up with, I couldn't just drop everything and go full time back at college.
The only two ways I can think of, is finding a part-time 2365 course and doing that until I become 'qualified' as an electricians mate or write to all the companies in the North East asking if they are willing to take on an adult apprentice and do the 2357.
Totally torn, what do you think?

Reply to New to the trade, New to the Forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net