Discuss Newbie Question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Shock Doctor

Hi all,

Im new to the site and trade so please forgive me if I miss something obvious. I have just been working with an electrician putting in a power shower ( I was doing the tiling as cant afford to get on a scheme at the moment ). The consumer unit was an old wylex fuse board with mcb add ons. The spark has run a 6mm cable from a spare way in the board to a rcd shower unit then 6mm up to the new shower. His work is very tidy but with my new found grasp of the regs 1) No sign of any test metre all day 2) No checking of Ze before starting 3) No testing circuit after installed 4) when I inquired if he had to certify he said " not going to bother if they realy want a cert I'll do them a minor works cert" Like I said I am new to this but my understanding is a new circuit back to the CU surely qualifies as a new installation as well as the fact the installation involves a special location. Am I just being a paranoid newbie? I would be grateful for your thoughts on this one.

Have a look and see if he has sign written his horse cos he is one cowboy and you are not paranoid infact you are quite correct.

Chris

Thanks alot I realise I have a very steep learning curve ahead as real world situations different from a classroom. Just miffed me a bit as Im saving up to pay for a scheme to work legally and by the book and every other so and so is cutting corners! Appreciate the replies thanks again.

Reply to Newbie Question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock