Discuss Nic Assessment questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
I'v picked up a couple CU changel that I intend to use for my assessment. The question is - i know I need to notify bc before work comenses but the plan would be to notify the work myself once assessment is complate. Also if I remove main fuse do you think this would be looked at negatively by the assessor ?

Main fuse removal, yes very negatively especially as it's NIC. You can notify up to 30 days from completion so if you assessment is within that time your good to go, assuming you pass. Good luck with it!

Why would you need to pull a DNO fuse during the assessment?

They are more interested in your cheque, tea and biscuits, insurances, tester and calibration ..... then the certs for the jobs and your knowledge of testing.
It was more about the level of concern they would show if I'd removed the fuse

It was more about the level of concern they would show if I'd removed the fuse

Don't worry about it.

The schemes have done ABSOLUTELY nothing to make any processes with the suppliers easier for sparks, so they have nothing to contribute to the subject.

Obviously if you were asked directly, you can confirm that the old board switch was off and the fuse was removed by somebody wearing suitable gloves...

I was told that the supplier is required to be engaged when removing fuse as it under their remit. However nobody does

So the supplier gives you a 3 hour window to come and remove the fuse and another 3 hour window to replace it. How the hells is that supposed to work for you? Either you cut corners or you are sitting around for them to return to refit it and seal it.

Its unacceptable.

Reply to Nic Assessment questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net