Discuss Niceic cert filling in on software programme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering why they isn’t a Zs box to fill in,& if Connected to origin do not fill in box.
Also altered the Rcd times,now just entering the x5 trip time.
Why is there no N-E insulation reading ,& a L-L entry,which I would take to be L-N.
Just pondering these thoughts,will phone helpline next time in office,but any ideas.

onlyrequired now to enter the RCD x 5 value. L-L is there as it's now considered that N is a "live" conductor. confusing as you'd think L-L would be phase-phase on a 3 phase install.noo idea about the Zs box.

You measure Ze at the origin not Zs , hence no Zs box for the origin.
N-E IR tests are covered in the L-E column.
L-E means all live conductors which includes the neutral tested to earth.

There’s never been a Zs box on the Domestic certificate schedule only on the non domestic. L-L Is L-N, L-E you put the lowest out of L-E or N-E. The neutral is a live conductors. The RCD box you enter the value which is required depending on what the RCD is installed for.

Ask questions? Anything your not sure on. He will appreciate your desire to broaden your knowledge and as long as he is answering he’s not asking.

admit when you don’t know, but give the opinion at what you think may be the right answer.

They already do, the current certificates allow for any boards, you just have to fill the information In correctly.
Not on the software I have (three different) the content only mentions RCD's and the DB report also has RCD printed on the top of the from, what software do you have that allows this to be altered?

It's probably the Aspergers kicking in, everything must be correct and in order, to me an RCD does not do the same job as an RCBO therefore should not be listed in the same way.

Reply to Niceic cert filling in on software programme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net