Discuss NICEIC Rant in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jedisparks

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi folks

Hope you don't mind but I could with a bit of a rant following yesterdays niceic visit.

In some ways it couldnt have gone any better, everything was in order both in terms of paper work and on the jobs we looked at. He made one or two nit-picky comments, fair enough, I don't really mind that to be honest. I never argue it, I just say "ok, thats a good point, i'll watch out for that in the future". I'm always, always polite and courteous to him.

What gets me is his hardnosed, arrogant attitude and it's the same every year (been registered for about 6 years or so). He generally talks to me like i'm an arse-hole. He is very rude in his approach, cuts me off mid-sentence, unfriendly & not very patient etc...

I would understand to some degree if he found lots of things wrong every time. I genuinely try to tow the line and comply with what they want and put a lot of effort into ensuring high standards with the technical aspects of my work.

He needs to chill out a bit and realise that a few manners cost nothing, but can go a long way. call it proffesional courtesy if you like. Is that really asking alot?

Seriously considering switching scheme providers this year. my enrollment is up in April so I am taking a serious look at this. Has anyone else switched for similar reasons? Would you be kind enough to share your experiences please?

Thanks for reading, I feel a bit better, but only a bit.

I can move this to the Arms for you, depends if you want it in a Public or Private forum.

Mate: You Rant away, guy sounds like a complete little Hitler to be honest. About time people like him wised up, if it was'nt for people like yourself he would'nt have a job.

If your thinking about switching, then tell NICEIC and why, after all nothing to loose. Tell them you want to stay but you feel that the assessor and you don't really get along, and would it be possible to send another?

You can always butter them up a little by saying that he is professional etc etc, but you feel that with yourself he is a little discourteous etc etc,

If they tell you no, then say thank you I'll take me 500 pound else where

Hi folks

Hope you don't mind but I could with a bit of a rant following yesterdays niceic visit.

In some ways it couldnt have gone any better, everything was in order both in terms of paper work and on the jobs we looked at. He made one or two nit-picky comments, fair enough, I don't really mind that to be honest. I never argue it, I just say "ok, thats a good point, i'll watch out for that in the future". I'm always, always polite and courteous to him.

What gets me is his hardnosed, arrogant attitude and it's the same every year (been registered for about 6 years or so). He generally talks to me like i'm an arse-hole. He is very rude in his approach, cuts me off mid-sentence, unfriendly & not very patient etc...

I would understand to some degree if he found lots of things wrong every time. I genuinely try to tow the line and comply with what they want and put a lot of effort into ensuring high standards with the technical aspects of my work.

He needs to chill out a bit and realise that a few manners cost nothing, but can go a long way. call it proffesional courtesy if you like. Is that really asking alot?

Seriously considering switching scheme providers this year. my enrollment is up in April so I am taking a serious look at this.
Has anyone else switched for similar reasons? Would you be kind enough to share your experiences please?

Thanks for reading, I feel a bit better, but only a bit.

I think I would have had a quiet word with him before now. Something along the lines of "Whey the **** d'ye think yer taallkin' tey bonny lad?? Ye 'n' me ... ootside!!!!!! :angry_smile:

Tend to find with people like that allday everyday people suck up to em to get through assessment so he's gained an air of arrogance, bet if you spoke to his office about him he'd some change his attitude, assessment or not YOUR the customer.

jedisparks, feel for you there, I'd DEFINATELY do sommat. Like has been said tell their admin why you're leaving next year.

I'd maybe next time (if it happens), meet him at your place, and if he starts with it, don't speak, just direct him to the door, and then explain why he's being ejected. Possibly ask if he's like to re think his approach but from the sound of it he'll have lost the plot by then, but you'll feel great and have politely taken control and told him to go forth with actually saying it.

As has been said there are many scheme providers. They all rob you. I would at least expect courtesy. My assessor for 4 years has been NAPIT and they are good. I used to deal with NICEIC and in several cases, only ever had the same experience as you so they've lost out on alot of money because of it (if a rep is reading, take note).

And thats all its got to do with, money!

Just had my niceic visit and have to say he seemed a decent chap however if I felt one of them was treating me like an arsehole I wouldn't be ranting on here I'd be ranting to the niceic or even better to the assessor himself. Don't get all this 'have the tea and choccy biscuits ready for him' way of thinking either. We pay them a fortune!!

Cakey - I should be more like that, I'm crap at complaining! It's like if you complain about your starter in a restaurant, I worry that my main cousre will then be laced with the chef's special sauce or the like!

I feel that if I complain, he might be even more picky and horrible next time.

I don't do biscuits but i do make him a cuppa like I would anyone who is visiting my house (I work based from home).

Thanks everyone for your posts so far, some funny ones too!

Jedi,

You wont ever get it worse then this poor git i saw in Paris when i was on holiday with the missus at the time.

This bloke, out with dinner with his wife and two kids, ordered his food and politely sat and waited a good 60 minutes for it to arrive (at which point i would have already have been up at the chef like a pitbull demanding where my grub is). upon arrival of his glazed chicken and veg or whatever it was, i couldnt quite make out such finer details from my table, but i could hear the conversation wel enough and obviously his food had arrived not only late but cold. so he very politely asked the waiter if he could either have it replaced, or warmed up. I think most people at this stage after waiting so long for their food when the rest of their family had already finished! and then having your food arrival cold, would have been the right time to tell the restaraunt to do one, and leave without paying, but he didnt, he sat there again and patiently waited..... when al of a sudden i heard this WHOOOSSH and looked over my shoulder into the kitchen and saw they had actually set his food ON FIRE!!! the **** of a waiter then re-emerges with a plate of burning food (obviously brandy coated or something) and plonks down on the table and says in a very arrogant and nasel french accent .."hot enough for you sir?"

The British are genetically bad at complaining, but that waiter would have left work that night with a fork in his eye if he did that to me.

Jedisparks, I think a lot of the inspecting engineers are like that as it goes with the job and i should say most of them know each other and talk so i'm told. You will prob be refered to as the trouble maker with whoever your with, I'm sure your remarks have been noted as i can't beleive if none are on here. I feel your pain but it is only once a year and they are there to find fault as i'm sure if you look hard enough we all miss the old bits on a job.

I remember having a head on with mine a few years back over something silly as i felt the same as you, ended up i called him a few choice words and there was silence the he ****ed himself laughing. Been great since then, really nice bloke. (thought better add that last bit, just incase ;)

Jedi, are you a door mat? I will guess as NO as you can type and speak like a human being.
You really should get this whole thread deleted or put in the arms so not to be seen by one of the NIC as "bitching"

Phone them up tomorrow and make it clear YOU are NOT happy with HIM and his manner.
Tell them you are fed up with it and shall leave at the end of the year or now and demand a refund.

Do not put up with it and take action NOW!

Alternatively, give me all your details and his and I will do it for you.

Jedi, are you a door mat? I will guess as NO as you can type and speak like a human being.
You really should get this whole thread deleted or put in the arms so not to be seen by one of the NIC as "bitching"

Phone them up tomorrow and make it clear YOU are NOT happy with HIM and his manner.
Tell them you are fed up with it and shall leave at the end of the year or now and demand a refund.

Do not put up with it and take action NOW!

Alternatively, give me all your details and his and I will do it for you.

WHY?? No names have been mentioned or implied!! What have the NIC got to be worried about, or the OP come to that. As wade88 Stated in his post the Brit's don't complain enough when they have received or given a bad service, this thread may well help others put in this position...

Leave the thread where it is!!!

Reply to NICEIC Rant in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net