Discuss No Building Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry if I had the wrong wording! As mentioned it was not provided after the work and I didn't ask as presumed the NICEIC installation report which we already have was the official documentation (I have checked his NICEIC membership and it's genuine). The buyers/solicitor will not accept this and if it can't be provided three years down the line we'll have to go for the indemnity policy. I'll have to ask for a quote as suggestions range from £20 to £300!

If you have the original electrical installation certificate (EIC) then theoretically local authority building control should be able to give a regularisation certificate based on this.
Your best bet is probably to take the paperwork you do have to the building control office and talk to the relevant building control officer about it.
[automerge]1572723042[/automerge]
Should the electrician not be held accountable for not reporting the work.

No, as far as the building regulations are concerned you are responsible for ensuring compliance.

We had electrical work carried out by a NICEIC electrician in early 2016. We are now selling the property and have been asked for the Building Installation Certificate which we weren't given and didn't know we needed it. I have the Electrical Installation Report and have searched on NICEIC Online Certification - http://www.checkmynotification.com/ and our address and work is not listed. I can't contact our electrician and we urgently need this. If he didn't report the work is there anything we can do to resolve this? Many thanks for any help.

What work was carried out by your electrician? It's possible that the work was non notifiable anyway, if say he extended existing circuits, rather than installing new ones. If you can post a copy of the certificate he provided you with that may help us advise.

Reply to No Building Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net