Discuss No motorized valve on upstairs rads in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Reaction score
Started a first fix today on barn conversion. Plumber has done first fix install as follows, ufh downstairs and rads upstairs, combi boiler. All straight forwad enough exept plumber has plumbed system heating wise as one and has only intention of putting one motorized valve on ufh but not on rads?? Havnt seen it done like this before, owner said he is just using trvs on rads to control them but if ufh wasnt calling rads wudnt be on, and when ufh is calling rads will come on too.? Thoughts

Started a first fix today on barn conversion. Plumber has done first fix install as follows, ufh downstairs and rads upstairs, combi boiler. All straight forwad enough exept plumber has plumbed system heating wise as one and has only intention of putting one motorized valve on ufh but not on rads?? Havnt seen it done like this before, owner said he is just using trvs on rads to control them but if ufh wasnt calling rads wudnt be on, and when ufh is calling rads will come on too.? Thoughts

sounds pants.....probably won't comply to part L either. For the sake of a two port valve and a programable thermostat, would be well worth doing.

i would run in a thermostat cable for upstairs and downstairs even if one is left disconnected as you can virtually guarantee that once the property is occupied and lived in for a while the owners will want to control the two floors independently. Even if you leave the cable in a loft space or cupboard where you know where it is as it could save you a lot of work in the future.

Reply to No motorized valve on upstairs rads in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net