Discuss Nvq for cps membership. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aside from the fact you seem unable to follow instructions from a member of staff (i.e. my previous direction to start a new thread if you wanted to continue to discuss this), lets clear this up shall we.
Oh sorry i didn't realise this was school.

I could tell from your self importance by making the whole thread about you even though nobody said anything about you that you'd try to crack the E-whip because you wanted to be able to say what you wanted without anyone trying to refute it. 'Wah i wanted the last word but you responded, i'm staff don't you know!1111' Pathetic.

Spoiler: nobody actually cares that you're 'staff' around here. It's an online forum for chatting. If you don't like what i say then ban me or something, it'll make you feel really big and i literally won't care.

Oh sorry i didn't realise this was school.

I could tell from your self importance by making the whole thread about you even though nobody said anything about you that you'd try to crack the E-whip because you wanted to be able to say what you wanted without anyone trying to refute it. 'Wah i wanted the last word but you responded, i'm staff don't you know!1111' Pathetic.

Spoiler: nobody actually cares that you're 'staff' around here. It's an online forum for chatting. If you don't like what i say then ban me or something, it'll make you feel really big and i literally won't care.

Poor attitude. And despite your 'spoiler', I can honestly say I have gained more from Sparky Chick's posts on here than yours.

Your advise on the notification of works carried out is flakey also.

Not really. You 'have to' legally notify works, but in the real world pretty much nobody cares.

This wasn't even a debate until people tried to claim not giving a cps scam your money every year made you 'above board', ergo by default claiming those that don't aren't 'above board'.

Anyway whatever, if you think you have to be registered to a scam that's fine. I don't think you do. There are people on here who do notifiable work but don't notify it.

Welcome to the real world, it exists outside of this self-important forum.

You're getting a bit carried away there and putting words into my mouth.

Nobody is saying everybody who isn't in a scheme isn't above board. Just that it makes sense for someone doing domestic work to be a member.

Thanks for the input people. I do appreciate it & agree with "elements", taken in context from all of your responses. However I am no further forward in truncating the process. It used to be a case of if if you didn't have a certain qualification, you were accepted on the basis that that you committed to gaining it by your next assesment. I never had to go that route but I know some who did. Anyone know or heard of someone who's got in recently on that basis. I have asked but been told no so far, might be one I have to push on.

Just to clarify, you should have renewed in September last year right?

I'm going to phone member services tomorrow and make some enquiries - for a friend ;)

Quite frankly I think it's disgusting they are giving you the run around... less than 12 months and you've got to jump through all the new member hoops... it's just wrong!

I was with stroma for 2/3 years, I lapsed the year before they got take over by napit due to family issues. Before stroma I was with napit for 3 years. They have all my qualifications on file from their own records & stroma databasr

So when should you have renewed? I'm going to push the subject on the basis I'm laid up in hospital with a broken femur or something and see how long it would be before I'd have to jump through all the new rules rather than simply use my old registration, see if I can get a concrete answer out of the member services team.

was with stroma for 2/3 years, I lapsed the year before they got take over by napit due to family issues. Before stroma I was with napit for 3 years. They have all my qualifications on file from their own records & stroma database. The only one I never did was nq3/am2. I always just demonstrated competence assesment time & accepted. I don't mind doing the mature candidate route, but I object to waiting til I have the ticket before I can go live with them.

Reply to Nvq for cps membership. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net