Discuss NVQ help in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, adult learner retraining and sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need help. my provider are being very cards against their chest when it comes to my nvq, i have a copy of an old one i.e. what i need to collect proof of but I read somewhere that you need to have 2 fault finding jobs on there before you start of the others is this true?? I cant find this document anywhere or think there was a glitch in the system and seen a document i shouldnt have seen haha.

Also any advice to what I need to write the 2 reports on would be a massive help in the right direction, is it for the two fault finding jobs or is it one of the faults and one of a new install??

i know i have to have health and safety policies for a company and that sort of thing which I can sort out on site, also the containment i can sort out on site but we dont install date or fibre cable so might struggle to get them which ive been told by my college these are both needed. probably simulate these or ask the data lads on site if i can jump on with them to install and get pictures of each

thank you in advance for your help, its very much appreciated!

scouse97

Sounds like you are talking about a portfolio, evidence of modules completed. Both C&G/EAL have a list of modules and the details of each module you need to complete for a portfolio. I often see that education providers in this area are pants at providing support for the development of the portfolio. There is no doubt it is a massive pita. You need photos and an expert witness to sign off evidence of work you have done. This can be a competent person i.e. foreman on the job or a customer etc. When you are providing proof of installation you need all the paperwork that comes with appliances/consumer units etc to show CE compliance and other requirements. Aspects you cant do are covered by "discussion" on those aspects by the provider of the course.
Don't know who you being educated by but is sounds as if they are a bit crap. They are supposed to support you in your development of the portfolio. There is no secret about what is required otherwise you wont be able to do it and complete your NVQ. Look on the site for your particular qualification and find the portfolio requirements. You cant phone them up (C&G etc.) as they will just tell you it is the course providers responsibility to answer such questions.
Hope you haven't forked out loadsa cash for another course that just does not deliver the course?

Hi

Welcome

Have you applied to join the trainee forum? Please send me a PM with your course details and I can sort it for you!

Reply to NVQ help in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net