Discuss "Open Jaw" testers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Last Man Online

My trustworthy Beha voltage/continuity tester has finally packed in (after 23 years of faithful service). I really like the look of the "open jaw" testers with the added attraction of current measurement and can now justify buying one. I wanted to get the Beha-Amprobe Delta but its introduction keeps been delayed. Am now looking at either a fluke or Martindale instead. Would love to hear if anyone has any recommendations as to which "open jaw" tester is best.

Fluke t5 1000
Finally. Torn between Fluke, Beha-Amprobe and Martindale.Narrowed it down to Fluke and, Martindale. Eventually went for the Fluke T6 due to its "field sense technology" which really appealed to me and is, pretty unique. UNTIL 3 days after delivery of my Fluke I walk in the door of my local wholesaler and see Martindale have now brought out a tester with fieldsense technology. Am curious to know if anyone has one and if so how it compares to the fluke. Am eased with the Fluke. Only complaint is the fieldsense technology won't work well unless you use a grounded lead

Well I've got the fluke t5 600 but I couldn't recommend it

The open jaw is a nightmare to measure I in a bunch of cables. I don't trust the V and R readings either.

Just my opinion of it anyway

The open jaw is a nightmare to measure I in a bunch of cables. I don't trust the V and R readings either.
The non-contact voltage measurement is a bit of a luxury to be honest. But in my situation it has a role to play and will occasionally be a"get out of jail" card. There are times when the volt stick is a little over sensitive, especially when trying to ID cables lying in a bunch.

Reply to "Open Jaw" testers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net