Discuss Outback System HELP in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mrbooth

Group I have been offered the following equipment that has never been properly setup so am asking you guys to help me out.
The system comprisses the following
8 numbers of 8L16 Deka Battery 6v 370AH
8 numbers SunElectronics (Sovello) SV-T-205 Panels
3 number FX2348ET Inverter
Flexmax 80
Mate and HUB

So to start, at the moment the panel arrays are configured with 8 in series
Extract from Data sheet
Standard Test Conditions (STC)1
SV-T-205
High Voltage Configuration
Nominal Power2 W 205
Output Tolerance W 0/+5
Pmpp, max. W 209,9
Pmpp, min. W 205,0
Module Efficiency % 13,7
Umpp V 27,9
Impp A 7,36
Uoc V 33,1
Isc A 8,35

I measured the Open circuit voltage and get a reading of 157VDC, In my opinion this configuration of panels will be to high for the Flexmax80, correct me if i am wrong pleas.

Also going thru the Outback Literature they talk of installing a shunt on the - of the battery output, Do I need this, is this required, is this only for measurement?

I have tried the string sizing tool on the outback website but unfortunately the panel manufacurer is not listed.

The battery configuration is to be be in series so its a 48VDC system

Please all much apreciate your help before I go ahead and make the investment

Reply to Outback System HELP in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock