Discuss Outside lights are notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

So according to the latest edition of professional electrician, stroma have said that outside lighting is notifiable because it now resides in chapter 7 of the regs.

As far as I can see in part p, they explicitely state that the building regs only recognise bathrooms and shower rooms as special locations requiring notification.

So am I missing something here or are stroma talking out their rears?

I brought this up on my recent Stroma assessment. I was told this same information and I queried it stating that the part P definition of special location differs from that of BS7671.
He didn't want to go into it at the time but said he would look at the wording of part P when back at the office.

I think it is flawed advice.

Hope this will help
Lighting.JPGLighting-1.JPG

Bit slow off your marks there Hightower; http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...tions/110804-notifiable-outdoor-lighting.html

If I was with Stroma, I would have sent a snotty email by now. :)

Apologies bud, I don't get out as much as I should and the first I saw of the article was when I picked up a copy at ELEX on Friday. I read it and thought nothing more of it, then sat bolt upright in bed last night, woke my missus up (who said she had a headache and to go to sleep or sort myself out) and told her that outdoor lights are indeed not notifiable and that if I was with Stroma I wouldn't be a happy lad.

Apologies bud, I don't get out as much as I should and the first I saw of the article was when I picked up a copy at ELEX on Friday. I read it and thought nothing more of it, then sat bolt upright in bed last night, woke my missus up (who said she had a headache and to go to sleep or sort myself out) and told her that outdoor lights are indeed not notifiable and that if I was with Stroma I wouldn't be a happy lad.
No probs, we all make mistakes on here :)

Too much information there HT! :)

Reply to Outside lights are notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net