Discuss overturned my 2394 decision after put in for a appeal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the level of questions should be consistant..

They should be, but in reality it is not possible to maintain 100% consistency across different sittings of an exam. Certainly they should attempt to keep the questions of a like standard. But you will find in a state exam if you were to take the exam among a particularly bright group or a group with more difficulties with the exam then it would affect your positioning as they can only really work to the law of averages.

All serious exams tend to have floating marks - even if the official marking of the paper remains constant then the awarding of marks to an answer will vary.

All C&G centres have to follow strict procedures when returning written papers for marking.

They have a bag with all the candidates details, and a check sheet which needs to be competed before sealing the bag up with all the papers for return to C&G, this has to be done and returned the next working day.

It should be nearly impossible to send it back with competed papers missing, as the invigilation sheet also goes back, and it needs to be ticked to confirm that each paper is included by candidate name.

If you think that the centre has not sent your paper in for any reason, then once the chief examiners report has been published contact the centre and ask for your result, they can check it on the walled garden before the certs are issued. One of two things will happen once the chief examiners reports are published. C&G will send out the certs if you have passed to the centre who will send them on to you, or they will issue a notification of performance for candidates who have failed, so the centre can contact you to let you know. This should happen within about 42 days from taking the exam. The April 2395 results are out, but the certs haven't been issued yet, and the 2394 is still pending. So if you took the April 2395 exam, your centre can tell you your result.

Cheers..............Howard

Reply to overturned my 2394 decision after put in for a appeal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net