Discuss oy worry worry worry in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
spent the past three days at the hospital bedside of my son.
emergency surgery for appendix burst and massive infection.
hes home now and doing well but it was a bit of a scare for him.
hes a big strapping lad of 22 and built like a bull but hes got to take it easy for a couple weeks

even though hes grown and on his own i still cant help worrying about him

had the same last year with my lad, he was carrying a washing machine when it went but had been leaking for a while before bursting, the infection was all through the stomach cavity and up into his chest- he thought it was just growing pains the daft sod - fully recovered now thankfully though scared the crap out of us at the time, hope all goes well for you and your son, something like this gives a bit of perspective and helps to keep priorities in the right order - good luck

Had the same a few years ago. You never stop worrying about your kids no matter how old they are. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear he's on the mend again after his close call. All the best to both of you.

Oh yes you probably will, buts that's part of the process of raising a family, good luck

got him home now and hes a bit sore but we gotta watch im close
he eating like a horse
but hes got to slow down for a few days yet.
he now realizes that hes not bullet proof.
now maybe i can sleep a little easier tonight
my thanks to all of you for the well wishes
gotta look for a special smiley to add (big mug of beer)

here ya go bbeer.jpeg

best wishes from me for a speedy recovery. as for the last bit. what do americans know about beer? :75:

Glad he is home safe and sound and on the mend.
A good lesson for him to learn but not a nice lesson for anyone to be involved in.
Much better not to have it at all, but at least the worry is now over and things can return to normal, with a few additions!

Reply to oy worry worry worry in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net