Discuss part p correct documentation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Regs

-
Reaction score
Can any confirm what books you need, Apart from the Electricity at work regs 1989 i got that.
Do you have to have the latest edition of everything?
I got the IEE GN3 which i believe has now been changed IET GN3? Is that correct and will i need to update
Also on the web site it said GN1? (they going backwards in numbers now wtf?
Also i got BRB, so again does this has to be changed to BGB?
I also have IEE guild to the building regs doc p, is there a later updated version of this i will need?
I think i covered everything cheers in advance

You should have the latest versions of all literature that you need to reference. No point in having outdated copies.

You should have the latest versions of all literature that you need to reference. No point in having outdated copies.

Thanks 4 speedy answer
but they only make small amendments, but if thats what they want then.....
pfff ffs more $$$ in never ends!
any tips on sites doing cheap copies ect ?
cheers

Can any confirm what books you need, Apart from the Electricity at work regs 1989 i got that.
Do you have to have the latest edition of everything?
I got the IEE GN3 which i believe has now been changed IET GN3? Is that correct and will i need to update
Also on the web site it said GN1? (they going backwards in numbers now wtf?
Also i got BRB, so again does this has to be changed to BGB?
I also have IEE guild to the building regs doc p, is there a later updated version of this i will need?
I think i covered everything cheers in advance

No their not going backwards there are GN1-8 each based on different topic.

It was the IEE before it amalgamated with the IIEE to form the IET

If you are considering joining a scheme, you should call them and get the pack of info they will send out. This WILL detail their expectations for an assessment, and within this you will need original copies of the documentation, the only exception I believe is you can download and print the Part P building reg itself.

If you are considering joining a scheme, you should call them and get the pack of info they will send out. This WILL detail their expectations for an assessment, and within this you will need original copies of the documentation, the only exception I believe is you can download and print the Part P building reg itself.

Yeah cheers, i thought the free down load electricity at work regs 1989 was ok also?

All the guidance notes are useful documents to reference.
As far as I know the self certification schemes do not require you to have any of the guidance notes, however Guidance note 3 is the one that is most often needed.
Guidance note 3 current edition is to BS7671 2008 incorporating amendment 1 2011.

All the guidance notes are useful documents to reference.
As far as I know the self certification schemes do not require you to have any of the guidance notes, however Guidance note 3 is the one that is most often needed.
Guidance note 3 current edition is to BS7671 2008 incorporating amendment 1 2011.

Cheers Mr burns
Go on NICEIC web site they are asking for GN1 & GN3 pffff im gona start a library soon

ELECSA Require
Latest edition of regs BS7671 2008 amendment No 1 2012 by the way Amendemnt no 2 is out but that is available as download
Latest part P document
Memorandum of guidance on elecy at work regs
Latest edition of On- Site Guide

Guidance notes not required but as above GN3 is probably the 1 I would get if only getting 1 of the 8 available especially if you wish to carry out any EICRs I would say its essential reading

Not sure on other scams

ELECSA Require
Latest edition of regs BS7671 2008 amendment No 1 2012 by the way Amendemnt no 2 is out but that is available as download
Latest part P document

Guidance notes not required but as above GN3 is probably the 1 I would get if only getting 1 of the 8 available especially if you wish to carry out any EICRs I would say its essential reading

Not sure on other scams

Cheers mr lee, big fan by the way.
Is this latest part pis doc. http://www.niceic.com/Uploads/File8954.pdf?

For the NICEIC requirements for books they give you options: GN1 or the ESC essential guide, GN1 is cheaper and GN3 or NICEIC inspection, testing and certification, the second one is much cheaper.

The other alternative is to join a scheme that does not require these books, though you will probably want to buy them anyway.

ELECSA Require
Latest part P document

Not sure on other scams

Don't you mean 2011?

Yes thats it why you need it god knows as there is now nowt in it lol with them removing a lot of the notifiable jobs

cheers,
Really? there has been big changes?
When is amend 2 coming out then and does this mean more new books? not going to keep buying dam books

cheers,
Really? there has been big changes?
When is amend 2 coming out then and does this mean more new books? not going to keep buying dam books

Like it or not, buying updates for your technical library, is one of those overheads you need to build into your business plan.

Like it or not, buying updates for your technical library, is one of those overheads you need to build into your business plan.

Again you miss my point, but hay whats new!. its the old 2+2 again.
Bruce pointed out there has been a recent update only available on down load
Point was, im not going to buy books, not to find there has just been new releases or there is just about to be new releases.
Could some 1 please clarify if its not to much trouble! if there is or has been any new releases recently or if its too much trouble or another stupid question, lets continue to go round the houses.

BS7671 amendment 1 came out 2011, amendment 2 in 2013 (amendment 2 is only available on free download so does not need a new book) next amendment who knows but likely 2015.

On site guide including amendment 1 came out in 2011 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN1 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN2 AMD1 came out in June 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN3 AMD1 came out in April 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN4 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN5 AMD1 came out in June 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN6 AMD1 came out in February 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN7 AMD1 came out in December 2011 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN8 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671

Electricians guide to the building regulations new version due to be released today, but may not yet be available.

This is something that you could have researched yourself and then you would have the satisfaction of achievement.

Each of these books is about £25-30 bar BS7671 at £70.

BS7671 amendment 1 came out 2011, amendment 2 in 2013 (amendment 2 is only available on free download so does not need a new book) next amendment who knows but likely 2015.

On site guide including amendment 1 came out in 2011 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN1 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN2 AMD1 came out in June 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN3 AMD1 came out in April 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN4 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN5 AMD1 came out in June 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN6 AMD1 came out in February 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN7 AMD1 came out in December 2011 will not change until new amendment of BS7671
GN8 AMD1 came out in May 2012 will not change until new amendment of BS7671

Electricians guide to the building regulations new version due to be released today, but may not yet be available.

This is something that you could have researched yourself and then you would have the satisfaction of achievement.

Each of these books is about £25-30 bar BS7671 at £70.

You are a star. Thank you so much. Working as a police officer changing career i don't get a lot of spare time. I dont know what you do in your spare time but i personally won't get much satisfaction out of researching books trust me! it is a lot easier to ask people in the game, is it not mr Burns?

. Working as a police officer changing career i don't get a lot of spare time. I dont know what you do in your spare time but i personally won't get much satisfaction out of researching books trust me! it is a lot easier to ask people in the game, is it not mr Burns?

Matey, don't get me wrong, but I think I should train to join the Police in CID because I have a "nose" for posters who aren't telling the whole truth. Now you have been more honest about your situation, you will probably get a bit more help.

Now, if I was the criminal and you were questioning me, I bet you would get shirty if I were dishing out misleading answers.....

Working as a police officer changing career

Oh Yeah ?
with the 17th and 2391 ? asking these sorts of questions, interspersed with textspeak sometimes, and with numerous other spelling mistakes littered throughout.

Unless this is the standard calibre of the rozzers these days ?

Attachments

• the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 45
You are a star. Thank you so much. Working as a police officer changing career i don't get a lot of spare time. I dont know what you do in your spare time but i personally won't get much satisfaction out of researching books trust me! it is a lot easier to ask people in the game, is it not mr Burns?

I'll tell you something bonny lad .. even if this is only half true - which I doubt - it answers a lot of questions and tells me all I need to know about you.

Now go and try to wind somebody else up. (or stitch them up)

See you next Tuesday.

These amendments are a little confusing. Is there any reason why sometimes when they come out the books are not changed and other times the books are changed?? and when the books are not changed where do you get the down loads? where do you come across this kind of info to keep in the loop?

Mr Burns where are you again please- oh and by the way i phoned NICEIC today and they said they know nothing of new realease part p doc, but that is not to say you are incorrect of course.

Last edited:
These amendments are a little confusing. Is there any reason why sometimes when they come out the books are not changed and other times the books are changed?? and when the books are not changed where do you get the down loads? where do you come across this kind of info to keep in the loop?

Mr Burns where are you again please- oh and by the way i phoned NICEIC today and they said they know nothing of new realease part p doc, but that is not to say you are incorrect of course.

Who did you persuade to dial the number for you?

Reply to part p correct documentation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net