Search the forum,

Discuss Part P...how i hate thee... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RABEC

Just a quick question to all the qualified electricians out there...who would lke that only fully trained and qualified foilk can work on electrical circuits...as in only those who are fully certed and registered can work as an electrician.
I would like to see a driving license style card to say you are fully qualified and trained and that only holders of these card can work on circuits.
a way to get rid of sooo many unqualified monkeys who calls themselves electricians..and as for the ones who arn't fully qualified and working as a sparx...the only alternative is to become fully trained and certed like the rest of us.

A bit heavy for my first post...but i would be intersted how many would agree,so maybe if enough of a voice is heard then changes can be made.

On top of that....Hi everybody..the site looks great!!!!!

-------s:p,if you do that shake will be out of a job ;),i wont i do what i like anyway:)so consider the way it is ,guys with little experiance ,come along with a part p qualification and expect to decide who is entitled to do the work ,its a hard life pall,and with work as scarse as it is going to become ,its going to be doggie eat dogge soon
,im at a disadvantage ,im so good and quick at my job ,i need more work than the part p guys ,i say get rid of any form of qualifications ,and lets have a free for all,who will win then?:):):)
yippy yi yay

part p came about because the bodies like niceic didnt get the house in order ,too many dodgy installations and no proper testing .not enough accountability ,just do the job ,take the money and dissappear .so if your jobs tougher.....

The niceic is just a club you pay to join ,why should they get there house in order ,they have no legistive power

,cowboys exist in every trade ,local tradeing standards,should regulate it ,if someone does a rough job ,or rips someone off ,thats there job!

i personally dont do either,im not part p qualified,but ive got a JIB card ,if its not up to date or valied why dont they ask for it back?

nobody or club was putting the house in order,cowboys should be stopped not tolerated
as for your card why should they ask for it back try if you were to try and use it for its proper purpose you'd probably find its refused cards these days have health and safety affilition

I'm part p, but those who thing that it has stopped the cowboys must be on cloud 9.
All it has achieved is the law abiding people are paying more for the jobs.
I was talking to a fire chief when I took my course, and I asked him how many fire incidences have been reduced since part p. He said take no notice of that, they put down electrical if they are not sure. And the guy taking course advised us not to go to certain areas because the houses are connected to the lamp post. And those Gypsies who set up camp in a day were connected to the mains. I wonder how many certificates they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
i resent the fact that any electrician without part bloody p ,must be a cowboy,
part p is just a scam to make money for those who dont like physical work,
if anyone does a job neglegently ,they should get done,i wonder how many part p merchants really know what there doing?
oh ,and when im on site wayne ,nobody would decide to throw me off ,because my cards 20 years out of date,its all a big blag ,to get you all to go to collage,buy loads of new tools and join the system,like i told you its -------s
---

Attachments

• v.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 195
Just a quick question to all the qualified electricians out there...who would lke that only fully trained and qualified foilk can work on electrical circuits...as in only those who are fully certed and registered can work as an electrician.
I would like to see a driving license style card to say you are fully qualified and trained and that only holders of these card can work on circuits.
a way to get rid of sooo many unqualified monkeys who calls themselves electricians..and as for the ones who arn't fully qualified and working as a sparx...the only alternative is to become fully trained and certed like the rest of us.

A bit heavy for my first post...but i would be intersted how many would agree,so maybe if enough of a voice is heard then changes can be made.

On top of that....Hi everybody..the site looks great!!!!!

here we go again

so what do you call a 'qualified electrician' then?,

what is regarded as 'fully trained'?

and what is 'fully certed and registered'?

how much experience have you got my friend? whats your in-depth electrical knowledge like? how long you been 'in the game'

because i have a feeling your reply will put me in your category of 'unqualified monkey'

only this 'monkey' has been knocking around this game for the best part of 25 years

I teach domestic installers, wiring regs,2391 & 2392 inspection and testing and 2377 PAT testing

i have taught electrical engineering up to ONC level

I was teaching PAT testing YEARS before C&G 2377 was brought out

I was testing mobile and temporary installations and mobile units 20 years before the IET decided to include them in the 17th edition

I have been there, and on quite a few occasions, done that

so i will be interested in your reply, my friend

meanwhile i will be the one sitting in the corner going "ooo, ooo", scratiching myself and eating bananas:mad:

Reply to Part P...how i hate thee... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net