Discuss Paying for the Right to Work in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
For the Majority of you who may be part of the present competent scheme
Are you getting a fair representation for your subscription.
I unfortunately built up a long working relationship with a building contractor over a period of some 5 years who unfortunately went Insolvent. I did not receive payment from the Builder for the work carried out.

I can assure you I did my Dillegence working for the clients concerned very proffesional people who had the means to Pay.

EICC issuesd, Builder Payed by the Cleint
You may have unfortunately experienced it your self?

My accredited organisation does not intervene or represent with what is considered to be a Third Party Working arrangement.
It only represents you the Consumer.
After we are given consideration for our Status, to undertake the work
Should we be better represented to receive Payment from within the existing working
Remit.
I am personally convinced the present operating system is Flawed out dated and bordering on illegal

I have brought it to the Attention of many organisations involved or associated with the Implemented Part P Building Regulation
After 5 years trying to pursue Parity I would welcome any constructive comments with regards to Late Payment Non payment working within the Domestic Industry

Regards electric Ian

when working for builders always insist on stage payments, so if he goes ---- up ( his 7 bedroom mansion safe as it's in his wife's name, like his mercedes), you don't lose much.

Agreed with tel the although I'm not a sole trader my company are paid monthly when invoicing the builder as it's an agreed requirement when we win contracts on sites

For the Majority of you who may be part of the present competent scheme
Are you getting a fair representation for your subscription.
I unfortunately built up a long working relationship with a building contractor over a period of some 5 years who unfortunately went Insolvent. I did not receive payment from the Builder for the work carried out.

I can assure you I did my Dillegence working for the clients concerned very proffesional people who had the means to Pay.

EICC issuesd, Builder Payed by the Cleint
You may have unfortunately experienced it your self?

My accredited organisation does not intervene or represent with what is considered to be a Third Party Working arrangement.
It only represents you the Consumer.
After we are given consideration for our Status, to undertake the work
Should we be better represented to receive Payment from within the existing working
Remit.
I am personally convinced the present operating system is Flawed out dated and bordering on illegal

I have brought it to the Attention of many organisations involved or associated with the Implemented Part P Building Regulation
After 5 years trying to pursue Parity I would welcome any constructive comments with regards to Late Payment Non payment working within the Domestic Industry

Regards electric Ian
It sounds like you need an insurance policy to cover this kind of thing

The Government (of any colour) should legislate for 30 days payment to be mandatory.... its the big clients that with hold payments then its passed down the chain.

As for the OP's situation, how much are we talking about, and was it a single invoice or more?

Reply to Paying for the Right to Work in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net