Discuss Price of materials when FIT reduces to 13.1p in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markharris

Hello,
Does anybody know, or as heard if the price of panels,inverters etc will reduce when the FIT reduces? I am in the process of getting MCS accredited, and am drafting up cost sheets for potential customers.

Many Thanks

Materials may come down a bit more but don't expect anything like the price crash of late. Scaffolding costs, Electricians, Roofers, Insurance, Fuel has all gone up

*gazes into crystal ball*

nope, sorry, my view of the future is blocked by a mass of what look to be cow pats launched in our direction from the direction of Whitehall.

I think price will remain the same ! some panels have gone up a few pence

this is what greg barker & the DECC need to get into their heads ! price will only go so low!!!!!

Believe me, wholesale pricing is pretty much at rock bottom for most components......not quite sure where panels are going to go though, can't see them getting much lower and, as has been said above, some panel prices are actually going up. Consider also the recent US announcement to hammer the Chinese imports with an average 31% duty, I'd imagine that will have an impact too?

Isn't it false economy, the Chinese are artificially subsidizing PV panels. Sadly it's not because the Chinese are Eco warriors .,., !

Eventually something has to give ! The trouble is our FITs will be pushed down as a result. The grid parity point isn't solely based on solar PV costs reducing so much, it's more the wholesale COST of energy increasing !!

Hence the fuel poverty numbers will only increase unless we find a cheaper intelligent alternative. This green deal will not reduce fuel poverty by insulating and becoming energy efficient, the costs will be an added burden.

I'm hoping that the send-more-panels-to-Europe hypothesis is the right one - it certainly makes sense to me.

I don't really see why driving prices lower and lower is to anyones advantage.
Production costs X, sale is Y, if Y doesn't exceed X then people go bust. dumping cheap excess panels will drop the price in the short term, leading to further reductions in FiTS but the possibility of long term unsustainability.
It will also damage manufacturing markets outside China

Reply to Price of materials when FIT reduces to 13.1p in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net