Discuss Pricing opinions for this job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Bored out of my tree currently (for once chrimbo stuff sorted early) so trying to get the labour for this quote figured out...
Been asked to do some electrical work for 2 properties to be rented out. Both currently empty.
Details listed below (sorry its a long list of stuff)
Solid hard walls throughout (older property) so everything is going to have to be raggled out and back boxes chiselled out, doesn't cover make good (and its mentioned on the estimate, though have mentioned I can arrange a plasterer if needed.)
Kitchen extractor is a recirculating type so the chimney is false and just for looks, customer wants the isolator concealed behind the chimney panel...which I can't see too much of an issue with as long as tenants are aware its there and the panel can be removed easily.
For this lot below I went for 5 days labour for the first property and 2 days labour for the second. Its local so was thinking along the lines of ÂŁ175 a day. so 7 days at a total of ÂŁ1225 for labour.
Materials - ÂŁ1125
Total inc Materials and labour - ÂŁ2350

Property 1

1. Kitchen
        1. Remove 1 x double socket from right hand side of cooker and joint cables with maintenance free connectors suitable for burial in wall fabric
        2. Replace cooker switch
        3. Add 2 additional sockets to left of cooker
        4. Install above worktop double pole isolators and below worktop sockets for washing machine and dishwasher
        5. Relocate and renew switched fused spur for gas boiler
        6. Install switched fused spur for cooker hood – hidden within extractor “chimney” panel
        7. Install Aico Heat detector – mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        8. Install Aico Carbon Monoxide Detector – Mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        9. Upgrade main earth bonding from 6mm2 to 10mm2 to both incoming cold water and gas pipework.
        10. Lower double socket and flush mount with new faceplate.
      2. Lounge (all of the below to be flush mounted via metal Knockout boxes)
        1. Hardwire fire to fixed electrical supply via switched fused spur
        2. Relocate and renew double socket adjacent to electric fire
        3. Add additional double socket adjacent to TV point
        4. Replace 2 single sockets with double sockets
        5. Install Aico smoke alarm (optical) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      3. Bedrooms
        1. Flush mount 2 double sockets in each bedroom – 6 total
      4. Hallway (downstairs)
        1. Install Aico smoke alarm (Ionisation) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
        2. Remove existing metalclad wylex BS3036 fusebox
        3. Renew meter tails and earthing (25mm2 Double Insulated Tails and 16mm2 Earth)
        4. Install Double Pole Switched Meter Tails Isolator
        5. Install New British General 17[SUP]th[/SUP] edition consumer unit with either 2xRCDs or 1xRCD and 2xRCBO (RCD and MCB combined)
        6. EICR - Test installation and certify
      5. Hallway (Upstairs)
        1. Install Aico smoke alarm (optical) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      6. Bathroom (Downstairs)
        1. Replace extractor fan with Xpelair DX100H (humidistat and timer functionality) – IPX5 rated
        2. Remove electric shower and make cabling safe
        3. Remove fan heater and make cabling safe
        4. Relocate bathroom lightswitch to outside of bathroom door, chase in cabling
        5. Relocate & renew fan isolator switch to above door and flush mount, chase cables
      7. Exterior
        1. Supply and Install twinspot PIR light (2 x 42W lamps) to rear of property.

Property 2

1. Kitchen
        1. Replace faulty DP isolator for fridge freezer
        2. Replace existing central heating programmer with Danfoss FP715si
        3. Install Aico heat detector – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      2. Living room
        1. Install Aico smoke alarm (optical) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      3. Hallway (upstairs)
        1. Install Aico smoke alarm (Ionisation) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
        2. Install Aico Carbon Monoxide Detector – Mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        3. Replace 6Amp Lighting MCB with 6A RCBO
        4. Replace shower MCB with 40Amp RCBO
        5. EICR - Test and certify electrical installation

1. Hallway (downstairs)
        2. Install additional 2D 16W light fitting to improve stair lighting and safety.
      2. Bathroom
        1. Replace 6mm2 shower cabling with 10mm2 Twin and Earth
        2. Replace shower isolator switch with 45amp rated switch.
        3. Supply, Install and test 9.5Kw Triton Electric shower
        4. Relocate light switch exterior to bathroom – cable to be routed via boiler cupboard and fed through wall.
        5. Relocate & Renew Fan isolator exterior bathroom above doorway

Thoughts? About right or too much time / too little?

doesn't look bad. add ÂŁ200 for contingencies. round up to ÂŁ2,600.

Bored out of my tree currently (for once chrimbo stuff sorted early) so trying to get the labour for this quote figured out...
Been asked to do some electrical work for 2 properties to be rented out. Both currently empty.
Details listed below (sorry its a long list of stuff)
Solid hard walls throughout (older property) so everything is going to have to be raggled out and back boxes chiselled out, doesn't cover make good (and its mentioned on the estimate, though have mentioned I can arrange a plasterer if needed.)
Kitchen extractor is a recirculating type so the chimney is false and just for looks, customer wants the isolator concealed behind the chimney panel...which I can't see too much of an issue with as long as tenants are aware its there and the panel can be removed easily.
For this lot below I went for 5 days labour for the first property and 2 days labour for the second. Its local so was thinking along the lines of ÂŁ175 a day. so 7 days at a total of ÂŁ1225 for labour.
Materials - ÂŁ1125
Total inc Materials and labour - ÂŁ2350

Property 1

1. Kitchen
        1. Remove 1 x double socket from right hand side of cooker and joint cables with maintenance free connectors suitable for burial in wall fabric
        2. Replace cooker switch
        3. Add 2 additional sockets to left of cooker
        4. Install above worktop double pole isolators and below worktop sockets for washing machine and dishwasher
        5. Relocate and renew switched fused spur for gas boiler
        6. Install switched fused spur for cooker hood – hidden within extractor “chimney” panel
        7. Install Aico Heat detector – mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        8. Install Aico Carbon Monoxide Detector – Mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        9. Upgrade main earth bonding from 6mm2 to 10mm2 to both incoming cold water and gas pipework.
        10. Lower double socket and flush mount with new faceplate.
      2. Lounge (all of the below to be flush mounted via metal Knockout boxes)
        1. Hardwire fire to fixed electrical supply via switched fused spur
        2. Relocate and renew double socket adjacent to electric fire
        3. Add additional double socket adjacent to TV point
        4. Replace 2 single sockets with double sockets
        5. Install Aico smoke alarm (optical) – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      3. Bedrooms
        1. Flush mount 2 double sockets in each bedroom – 6 total
      4. Hallway (downstairs)
        2. Remove existing metalclad wylex BS3036 fusebox
        3. Renew meter tails and earthing (25mm2 Double Insulated Tails and 16mm2 Earth)
        4. Install Double Pole Switched Meter Tails Isolator
        5. Install New British General 17[SUP]th[/SUP] edition consumer unit with either 2xRCDs or 1xRCD and 2xRCBO (RCD and MCB combined)
        6. EICR - Test installation and certify
      5. Hallway (Upstairs)
      6. Bathroom (Downstairs)
        1. Replace extractor fan with Xpelair DX100H (humidistat and timer functionality) – IPX5 rated
        2. Remove electric shower and make cabling safe
        3. Remove fan heater and make cabling safe
        4. Relocate bathroom lightswitch to outside of bathroom door, chase in cabling
        5. Relocate & renew fan isolator switch to above door and flush mount, chase cables
      7. Exterior
        1. Supply and Install twinspot PIR light (2 x 42W lamps) to rear of property.

Property 2

1. Kitchen
        1. Replace faulty DP isolator for fridge freezer
        2. Replace existing central heating programmer with Danfoss FP715si
        3. Install Aico heat detector – Mains powered with 10 year lithium ion non removable battery backup with interlink to other alarms
      2. Living room
      3. Hallway (upstairs)
        2. Install Aico Carbon Monoxide Detector – Mains powered with 10 year non removable lithium ion battery backup
        3. Replace 6Amp Lighting MCB with 6A RCBO
        4. Replace shower MCB with 40Amp RCBO
        5. EICR - Test and certify electrical installation

1. Hallway (downstairs)
        2. Install additional 2D 16W light fitting to improve stair lighting and safety.
      2. Bathroom
        1. Replace 6mm2 shower cabling with 10mm2 Twin and Earth
        2. Replace shower isolator switch with 45amp rated switch.
        3. Supply, Install and test 9.5Kw Triton Electric shower
        4. Relocate light switch exterior to bathroom – cable to be routed via boiler cupboard and fed through wall.
        5. Relocate & Renew Fan isolator exterior bathroom above doorway

Thoughts? About right or too much time / too little?

You are bored aren't you lol, but while I'm here the price looks about right and as GLENNSPARK said get the grinder out and open all the windows and doors, as there will be plenty of dust.

I would have gone a bit higher with the price say 5 to 600 myself , but thats me
get yourself a wall chaser , got the Metabo one myself with the Henry vac attached makes the job easier ..
and like Glen says a gall grinder for the boxes a and off course the multi drill ,,

Cheers guys, its good just to bounce it off people...
I was going with the grinder, either the 9 or the 4.5 with a diamond blade,
SDS is going to get a good workout thats for sure lol....
I'm considering a wall chaser, but don't use it that often so a bit torn regarding it...

twin blade wall chaser with henry. can't beat it. my chaser was ÂŁ30 from aldi.

I would have gone a bit higher with the price say 5 to 600 myself , but thats me
get yourself a wall chaser , got the Metabo one myself with the Henry vac attached makes the job easier ..
and like Glen says a gall grinder for the boxes a and off course the multi drill ,,
Wot's a "gall grinder"?

Reply to Pricing opinions for this job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net