Discuss Pricing work away in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

what part of London is it, I only ask as you might well need to add additional money for parking, for instance, I did a small job in Chelsea a while back and it was £6.00 per hour, in hampstead (if you can find a meter ) its £6.00 for 4 hours and of course if its central London you get the congestion charge, also allow for the odd parking ticket £80.00 a pop (40.00 if paid within 14 days ) last week I got 2, 1 for not parking entirely within the bay ( my rear tyre was outside of the markings) and the 2nd was because I was 5mins overdue. The parking gestapo are absolutely lethal here. Having said all that you may well be in a nice leafy suburb.

I'd say a ballpark figure of £1600 for what you've described, could be a little more or a little less. If they pass out, then you know that they're not serious.

Her next door neighbour or a friend might then want to use your services, word of mouth and all that.
Start as you mean to go on, with well worthwhile prices, in your favour.

Boydy

Well the job has changed now to the following (I have still not seen the job just what an electrician down their has said) What would you guys says fair for the following then i can see if it matches my total:
18 Double Sockets
22 Lighting points (Switches and Pendans)
Consumer unit
Earth to gas/Water
Test
And Reconnect and Test Kitchen Sockets and Cooker Circuits into New DB

Also as a seperate price what would you charge for:

3 Smokes/Heat iterlinked Aico Optical
5PIR Alarm System (Veritas)

Many thanks Guys

There are a few sparks on here (including me) who are not so confident at pricing...is anyone posting replies really good at it? Thought about lending your amazing services??

Id pay someone to do my pricing

i struggle with it because i dont want to rip anyone off but then i dont want to work my fingers to the bone for next to nothing lol. My old boss said you will underprice a few then notice your errors and soon learn to increase to a happy medium lol

Reply to Pricing work away in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net