Discuss Range Cooker Advise Needed, in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JamesAtkinson

I'm Looking to remove a built in oven and gas hob that's in my current kitchen and replace it with a larger range cooker, My current oven is plugged in to the nearest plug socket via a junction box, Can I do exactly the same with the range cooker or will I have to get the Electrician to put a new circuit in for the cooker ?

Specs for the Range cooker.

Cooker total power consumption is 13.3kw
Voltage 220-240
Fuse 40A
Cable Type h05vv-fg 3x6mm

I will be getting an electrician in to do the job just want to make sure that he will be doing the best job required,

Many thanks for all your help.

Hello James

Don't worry, The Electrician will know what to do to supply your range cooker. You cannot use the 13A socket for this. An Electrician will need to install a dedicated radial circuit for the range cooker.

Reply to Range Cooker Advise Needed, in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi, The current state of play is a standalone combined oven and hob supplied by single cooker circuit with 40A RCBO, 6mm cable, isolated by cooker...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am just changing my plug top oven over & gas hob and noticed the following: 32AMP Breaker > 6MM Cable > Cooker Switch 45a > 4mm cable...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are replacing our old hob and cooker and I need a bit of help, to make sure all is safe. This is the oven and hob specs: AEG IKB64401FB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock