Discuss RCBO testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bizron

-
Reaction score
I have come across a couple of Eaton RCBOs in Memera 2000AD boards and they don’t trip at the board when tested but do at the point of use/load, what’s up with that then?
Cheers

It needs a load through the sensing coil from the line terminal as the imbalance is detected where the conductor passes through the tunnel to the terminal. Testing direct to the terminals bypasses this. Get an extension socket with the three wires and connect into the rcbo if you want to test at the board.

It needs a load through the sensing coil from the line terminal as the imbalance is detected where the conductor passes through the tunnel to the terminal. Testing direct to the terminals bypasses this. Get an extension socket with the three wires and connect into the rcbo if you want to test at the board.
Thank you Westward10. Is it peculiar to this brand?

Thank you for that. Is it peculiar to just this brand or a certain age of RCBO?

Thank you for that. Is it peculiar to just this brand or a certain age of RCBO?
As far as I know it is just those retrofit rcd pods from Memshield 2. The pod fits a standard mcb but you can also find them in Memera 2000 as they are a similar device.

Reply to RCBO testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, Is it necessary to test RCBO x5? Some say that you can’t even test at x5 times because it can damage RCBO. Others that you can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
I’m probably going to look stupid here, but it will be worth it if I get the answer 😆, as I can’t fathom it out. I’ve never really thought of it...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock