Discuss RCD changes. minor Works for each? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, question for those that fill in NIC minor works forms. When changing a 30mA RCD like for like, I appreciate new times would have to be recorded, but anything else? Company I work for are changing about 30 RCD's which have failed a periodic report. i take it 30 x minor works required for each one! Cheers

Hi guys, question for those that fill in NIC minor works forms. When changing a 30mA RCD like for like, I appreciate new times would have to be recorded, but anything else? Company I work for are changing about 30 RCD's which have failed a periodic report. i take it 30 x minor works required for each one! Cheers

Why have they failed? and can't understand 30x MNWs certs for each one!!!!

Why have they failed? and can't understand 30x MNWs certs for each one!!!!
Hi Pete I've not been on a while, trust retirement going well! Re job: EICR carried out by others,company I work for doing remedials. They failed x1 and or x5. Client has requested them to be changed. Whilst the circuits have not been altered at all...just the RCD's. This is a caravan site, RCD's protecting 16amp sockets.

Hi mate seem to be working harder helping "camerbloke" out not that I mind that, in fact it's great to keep my hand in, although I don't have the worries I had with my previous job, getting back to the nub surely that would be just a MNW for each change of RCD, or di I misread the post?

Hi mate seem to be working harder helping "camerbloke" out not that I mind that, in fact it's great to keep my hand in, although I don't have the worries I had with my previous job, getting back to the nub surely that would be just a MNW for each change of RCD, or did I misread the post?
Nope..30 RCD's feeding separate 16amp sockets. Various circuits fed from various DU's around the site. So MNW for each one then recording tripping times. Would more info be reqd? OCPD, size of cable, Zs at each socket? Bearing in mind this is for a NICEIC cert..others may be different.

What does your QS want you to do?

Beat me to it mate, I was wondering how to answer driverman, and that is a good question, after all he (the QS) is the guy with all the answers, I would certainly go that route, ask the QS what is required and take it from there, good luck please let us know what he says.

I had the same situation a few months ago. My supervisor said to test them all and just record the highest time. Also added into the description of works what circuits I had changed the rccbs on.

Not really sure if its correct but certainly saved a lot of time and they all got checked so whats the problem?

If it is for the same caravan site I would do an EIC. Note in the limitations that it is only for the replacement of defective RCD's. One line of the form = 1 Plot, carry out normal RCD tests + a Zdb for the Ze for each. Therefore one form and it gives a record of works carried out which can be viewed by the next man if all the records are kept together.

Do as Paul.M has said you get the same results as a MEIWC and even more, it might be worth noting in the comments the DB as well, just use continuation sheets for the remaining ones.
If it is all one incomer then EIC is fine.

Reply to RCD changes. minor Works for each? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net