Discuss Safety switches choice advice in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

dennnic

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

Because of the recent epidemics of so called experts with absolutely no proper qualification, nor knowledge, I'm forced to learn more on the subject, hence the following thread:

In the apartment, where I currently live in, a safety switch panel is equipped with miniature toggle switches for every socket and device, a single RCBO (doesn't seem to be connected to anything, 6A rating), a single RCD (25 amp rating, 30mA. Read carefully - it's connected to all electrical outputs in the bathroom, EXCEPT for the water heater!).

Here's my question - we're doing renovation work and I think a revision of the safety switch panel might be useful.

Option one - buying a single RCD (30mA and 40A rating) and connecting all the miniature switches to it. Buying two separate RCBO (30mA, 10-16A), one for water heater in the kitchen and other for everything in the bathroom (water heater included).

Option two, significantly more expensive - buying all (around 12) RCBOs, each with 30mA tripping current and 16A rating.

Option three, simple, not as expensive- buying two RCBO to connect all the appliances in the kitchen, one RCBO for the bathroom and connect everything else just to toggle switches.

Option four - I'm wrong and should leave everything as it is.

Which one would you recommend and why?

Thank you for your time,
Stefan

TL;DR
Help me chose the winning safety switch combination for the apartment
Last edited:
Is this installation in Serbia?

Well this is a UK based forum so the requirements in Serbia may not be known to members on here.

Well this is a UK based forum so the requirements in Serbia may not be known to members on here.
I'm asking purely from a perspective of safety. Either way, I believe that UK requirements will do just fine as well, if not being even more strict to meet.

Reply to Safety switches choice advice in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net