Discuss Salus RT310RF thermostat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My salus RT31RF thermostat will not turn on even with new batteries. Will I need to buy a.new one. It's 5 years old, is that how long they last

TL;DR
My salus RT31RF thermostat will not turn on even with new batteries. It's 5 years old.will I need to buy a new one.
If it seems completely dead with fresh batteries then I would suspect it is dead.
5 years is poor but not unheard of lifetime for electronic devices.

If it seems completely dead with fresh batteries then I would suspect it is dead.
5 years is poor but not unheard of lifetime for electronic devices.
Thank you James that's really helpful. If I need to put my heating on shall I change the receiver to manual instead of auto as I have no heating on this evening. I will get a new thermostat tomorrow

If you turn one switch to manual, the on off switch then turns the boiler on and off and will give you heat.

I don’t know the esi thermostat.
I have a nest stat at home and have been very pleased with it for the last 7 years or so.

I don’t know the esi thermostat.
I have a nest stat at home and have been very pleased with it for the last 7 years or so.
I don't want to change the receiver because then I have to wait on someone to come and sort it out. If I keep the receiver is there a better Salus thermostat I can get please

If you are not changing the receiver, I would buy an identical replacement.
then see page 8 of the instructions to pair it to your receiver.

You are most welcome
hope you get it sorted

Reply to Salus RT310RF thermostat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net