Discuss Satellite/Sky cables in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andyww

Hi

I need some advice on Sky cables. Customer has Sky currently but has had an extension built (I'm currently 2nd fixing it) and he wants the sky cables routed to the new extension. Can I connect new cable into the sat dish and run to a new location or is this a job for Sky? (don't know if you're allowed to connect to their dishes) and is it straightforward to do??

Cheers
Andy

Yes, just make sure the cable is CT100

CT100 hasnt been made for several years, you need to make sure its copper over copper with foam (NOT AIRSPACE) dielectric and ahould be WF100 spec normally the CAI apporved stuff is the best.

YOu need to be very careful not to kink the cable on installing and to fit the plugs properly

Reply to Satellite/Sky cables in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Save Time Installing Cables with Super Rod At Electrical2Go, we're constantly striving to bring you the latest and most...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Looking for some advice on first fix for sky and freesat TV, I've quoted a WF100 shotgun and a single to both bedrooms and lounge...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m after a bit of advice regarding wifi/secondary router. Data is not a strong point of mine so any advice would be very much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the forum and am seeking some advice please. I’ve picked up a job that another electrician has abandoned, the job is to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock