Discuss scam warning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phil

amber has asked for members to be aware of this so thanks go out to him. don`t get ripped off by a scam details as follows;
Postal Scam:Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam

The Good Lady works for the Government . I’ll leave at that . Amber

Last edited by a moderator:
cut and paste? never. i only do that with my uni course work :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What is it called when you copy someones work and claim it as your own?

Plagiarism (n) 1. verbatim copying or imitation of language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing as own work.

tut tut tut

Plagiarism (n) 1. verbatim copying or imitation of language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing as own work.

Hypocrite

hahahahaha!! does it count on test certs as well?? i ben copying the same one for 6 months now! need to change it soon as not every one has a elecy shower!! :(

What is it called when you copy someones work and claim it as your own?

tut tut tut
:D not a chance of doing that these days at uni. we have a program called "Turn it in" seen it in action and its pretty dam good.
comes up with the original source of what you copied a percentage and even the book if you ripped it off from one. i reckon it would take more effort to try to cheat and change it than it would to do it.

:D you would be fine mate. if you can get your head round the regs you have a good chance of doing a degree. its all about the reading tbh. and we have all done plenty of that over the years with the big regs osg part p etc etc.

i tbh am glad we use that turn it in as nothing would annoy me more than thinking someone had cheated their way through a degree while i sweated and slaved over it. it wont be faultless and no doubt there will be a way of doing it but it will put the majority off and its dismissal time if they are caught. serious stuff as it should be.

Just done a search on Google about this. Apparently it was true but the service is no longer running and has not neen since December 2005

there was another that was going last year through another number. number will get closed down but then another will open up. best thing to do if you get a card when you are waiting for a parcel (this time of year we all are :)) google the number and it will come up with a bad number the company details if its legit. don`t get caught out like i did years ago i was one of the first and yep it hurt the phone bill.

Reply to scam warning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net