Discuss Schedule of inspection applies to bits I add or the whole installation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JONOXNAM

Scenario: Installed a complete new lighting circuit for a customer & at the same time added to an existing lightning circuit. All the work is to be recorded on a single EIC with sched of tests and inspections etc.

When filling in the Schedule of inspections do you ONLY include the items you installed? (e.g: if the modified lighting circuit has SELV originally in place and you DO NOT install any SELV does the form require you to 'tick' or N/A the SELV box?

I am not able to find anything in the regs to make it clear such as - the sched of inspections relates only to the works defined in the description and extent of the installation - it may be there but I cant see it.. I know there is something like that for PIR's and now the EICR....

Many thanks.

As your SoI and SoTR is part of an EIC, this covers the extent of the installation you have worked on (the first page of the 2 page EIC).

So you only need fill in the parts you have I&T.

As your SoI and SoTR is part of an EIC, this covers the extent of the installation you have worked on (the first page of the 2 page EIC).

So you only need fill in the parts you have I&T.

Great thanks, is this just 'a known thing' or is it written anywhere?

Have a look through the forms, particularly the notes on filling in.

http://electrical.------.org/wiring-regulations/forms/2008-amd1-forms.cfm

GN3, and the OSG have some details/examples too.

Last edited:

Reply to Schedule of inspection applies to bits I add or the whole installation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net