Discuss Schott panels certified for salt resistance.190 mono. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
We are bidding for a contract on the coast where corrosion from salt has been raised an issue. We have located the IEC 61701 cert which says the poly panels are certified for salt resistance but can find nothing about the mono panels and the 190w in particular.

I be grateful if anyone has any info on the monos

Thanks
S

Hello saint,

This appears to be becoming more of an issue being flagged up. At the moment, as a distributor don't offer any monos which have salt mist test certificates to my knowledge - however if you are interested we do have certification for this for the Moser Baer Poly range.

What exactly is the salt mist test and does it include sand? I seem to be able to find out about amonia testing but not salt mist test. I'm afraid I'm not one of those installers who thinks the certificates mean the panels is covered I want a bit more info but I'm struggling to get it.

Hello again - Salt Mist test from Moser Baer is an independent TUV test which certifies the modules have met the requirements of IEC61701:1995 Salt Mist Corrosion testing of photovoltaic modules. If you would like a copy of the cert, please just let me know.

Reply to Schott panels certified for salt resistance.190 mono. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net