Discuss Self employed electrical improver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks so much for your feedback, very helpful. I think I’ll go with an accountant in the beginning at least because I have no experience with dealing with my own tax ?

When I was finishing my self employment, I believe separate NIC contributions were ending. They are now taken by HMRC via your tax bill?

In a nut shell the main contractor will deduct 20% from what ever labour invoices that you give to them. It goes into a tax kitty....
The 'Contractor' who you invoice and deducts the 20% will pay this over to HMRC on a monthly basis. He should be giving you paperwork that shows what he has taken. You can check with HMRC to see that he has paid this to them.

The 'Contractor' who you invoice and deducts the 20% will pay this over to HMRC on a monthly basis. He should be giving you paperwork that shows what he has taken. You can check with HMRC to see that he has paid this to them.

Yes , I used to get a CIS stub every 3 months from contractors which would show the amount of CIS tax that was paid on my behalf.
The stubs should tally what the HMRC received and that amount is put on you self assessment tax return.
I didn't mind doing CIS as it always meant you had the tax put aside before you had chance to spend it....

Reply to Self employed electrical improver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am currently going self employed. I was never put through any 18th edition courses, so have booked myself onto my 18th wiring regs. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi all Quick question - I'm going self employed as an Electrician's mate as from the start of November. For this purpose, I'm looking to get rid...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hiall, I'm looking for electrical improver work in South East England. I have 2 years experience in commercial, industrial and domestic...
Replies
Views
Hi all. In a bit of a situation which is starting to cause a fair bit of stress and figured maybe asking some silly questions here may help to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock