Discuss Service head EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Completed EICR for property recently and found there is a hole in the service head on neutral side, meaning live parts accessible by a finger. Photo attached.

Does anyone knows best way to repair it? I've tried to find replacement element but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_112319.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 124
Hi everyone,

Completed EICR for property recently and found there is a hole in the service head on neutral side, meaning live parts accessible by a finger. Photo attached.

Does anyone knows best way to repair it? I've tried to find replacement element but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks
Incoming fuse is responsibility of DNOs. You cannot fix It if broke Or dangerous.

if your concerned Contact the distribution network.

see what they say??

put a blob of silicone in that'll improve the IP rating - colour code like James says (post #7)
G/Y for the earth part and Blue for the Neutral part.

But seriously its a DNO problem (one that they will never attend to)

Annex 1.7 of the MOCOPA Guide Version 3.5 entitled "A guide for MOCOPA on reporting and acting on Distribution Business Asset Issues" contains a lot of useful information with regards to cut out conditions, how to do them and what responses you can expect.

Code A07 (Exposed Live Conductor) is your closest fit and, as it is s category A code, should get someone to you with relative urgency.

While I can appreciate @Paignton pete stance saying it's DNO kit and as such outside our remit and we should not be attempting to fix or remedy, what we CAN do is raise the issue with the DNO on behalf of the customer as we have the requisite knowledge to speak to DNOs in thier terms. A customer won't have a clue what an MPAN is, or what a cutout is/does.

We can only note as far as practicable on the EICR BUT what can also do is add ancillary information and documents and educate the client

Throe together a risk assessment, print a copy of the MOCOPA GUIDE, keep it handy and include excerpts in your report.

Annex 1.7 of the MOCOPA Guide Version 3.5 entitled "A guide for MOCOPA on reporting and acting on Distribution Business Asset Issues" contains a lot of useful information with regards to cut out conditions, how to do them and what responses you can expect.

Code A07 (Exposed Live Conductor) is your closest fit and, as it is s category A code, should get someone to you with relative urgency.

While I can appreciate @Paignton pete stance saying it's DNO kit and as such outside our remit and we should not be attempting to fix or remedy, what we CAN do is raise the issue with the DNO on behalf of the customer as we have the requisite knowledge to speak to DNOs in thier terms. A customer won't have a clue what an MPAN is, or what a cutout is/does.

We can only note as far as practicable on the EICR BUT what can also do is add ancillary information and documents and educate the client

Throe together a risk assessment, print a copy of the MOCOPA GUIDE, keep it handy and include excerpts in your report.
@Lister1987 have a look at the picture and find the exposed live part.

I totally agree if there is an issue with the incoming then we do code it or report it or both.
if it’s an immediately dangerous situation I would not leave site until the issue was resolved or I had handed it over to the DNO.

In this instance with this incoming supply what do you see and how would you code it?

This is seen at a vast majority of cutouts and is normal practice. And TBH it does make me worry that some people that are carrying out EICRs don't have the understanding of what is required and how to code the so called issues
Unfortunately the 2391 coupled with the 2382 is sold as the magic ticket to doing EICR's add in a copy of codebreakers and your good to go without having any core electrical knowledge or qualification and the experience to back it up

I'm totally aware that this is DNO related issue but based on my experience with them I know they won't come for this one.

Very recently doing another EICR I had high Ze reading on TNSsupply. DNO said they will confirm if TNCS is available and once it is they were happy for me to connect earth conductor to fusehead neutral connection point so they don't need to come over.

@Lister1987 have a look at the picture and find the exposed live part.

I totally agree if there is an issue with the incoming then we do code it or report it or both.
if it’s an immediately dangerous situation I would not leave site until the issue was resolved or I had handed it over to the DNO.

In this instance with this incoming supply what do you see and how would you code it?
If I'm being completely honest it's a C code at best BUT if I deemed it to be a potential danger to the client (read: kids) then I'd like out my arse to get the DNO there to make them sort out. Sure it's only a bung and likelihood of any poking anything in there when a fault condition exists is extremely low but my integrity is worth more to me than a miffed off DNO agent, I'd rather waste Thier time and get it sorted than do nothing and something bad happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Service head EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net