Discuss Setting up whilst working full time in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

At the moment none i will be looking to build up my client base over the space of a year or so whilst still working and when i feel that i have enough contacts and steady work coming in ill switch to the business full time.

My contract at work says nothing about me not being able to have another business aslong as it wouldnt make me a direct competition to them. But as i will will still be doing my contracted hours with them and all the business will be done in my time i dont see a problem.
You should ask, there may be a conflict of options, you working excessive hours detrimental to your full time employment etc etc. I had to do the same whilst employed and setting up my business.

You should ask, there may be a conflict of options, you working excessive hours detrimental to your full time employment etc etc. I had to do the same whilst employed and setting up my business.
I have no doubt that my manager wont have an issue with it, wether or not managment higher than him do if he has to inform them im not sure. Can i ask how long you did both for before you went full time with the business ?

I have no doubt that my manager wont have an issue with it, wether or not managment higher than him do if he has to inform them im not sure. Can i ask how long you did both for before you went full time with the business ?
I didn’t do much self employed work, whilst still in full time employment. It was more of a way of setting up my business, training, accountancy etc. But as they were all official, I had to get written permission to trade, and still be PAYE.

My business only lasted 5 years. I had semi retired, and thought returning to the industry and doing small domestic work, would be enough to top up my pension. I didn’t really have a business plan. I did some subbing work for one company, but it was carp work, and the domestic work I did, never paid enough to pay the bills. During the end, some months I did not earn enough to pay myself a salary.

If I was starting out, you need to have plenty of contacts for work, and some sort of business model. Domestic work is cut throat, clients expect you to work for next to nothing.

Think carefully, before you jump ship.

Reply to Setting up whilst working full time in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net