Discuss Siemens S7 PLC SD memory card in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

malcoa

Hi guys, i've been trying to copy the program on an S7 EPROM mmc and backing it up to another, I'm using a siemens field pc to read the program, i can Copy but not paste, I can't find any way to duplicate what's on it, for some reason the plc will not let me communicate through the mpi. Any ideas?

It promptly goes into bus fault upon connection to the mpi. a dialogue box opens and suggests that the transferr rate is changed or that the address is too high (set to 1), i have been through all the transfer ranges and altered the address but no change. to be honest i only need a copy of the program which is on the sd card which i cant save as a new project or anything else-i cant save it to the pc full stop even though i can read it.

I've used the card slot on the side silva, i can view it from there fine, i just dont seem to be able to anything with it.
Thanks for the links i'll have a look, i couldnt find anything on the siemens site.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried that also silva, i've even tried copying and pasting it into the directory for the memory cards lol, it wouldnt paste as i thought, reading the info from your link it looks as though i may only be able to extract through the cpu.
thanks for the help

Crashed and burned, pulled my hair out and ran in circles for a bit!

Our FieldPG's (problematic) have been replaced with Panasonic Toughbooks so licenses transferred. I couldn't get comms with th FPG's.

With a PTB I could archive to the MMC but could not retrieve anything. I tried numerous things to no avail. Further action required... if I get chance. Also, my 64kb and 512kb cards were too small to save anything to. I'm sure I had more luck with the onboard MMC slot of the FPG in the past.

Siemens always provide a very steep learning curve... character-building stuff!

Ongoing!!! :banghead:

Had half hour with it this morning. FieldPG with onboard MMC slot. Also tried with MMC in 313 CPU.

Took screen shots but haven't had time to complete writing. Read card in onboard MMC slot. Created Memory Card File. Copied from Memory Card File and pasted in MMC...

Thus so far... View attachment 9829

Sorry for the late response, ive been on nights but this is fantastic, well done! i've scoured the internet for this answer, it'll be sunday before i can get the machine back to try this, i'm made up thanks very much for the time you have put in.

You're welcome.

I'm on nights tonight so I'll have (less managers) more time to tinker.

I had some MPI issue with the FPG assuming license issue prevented comms. but thinking back STOP led was flashing on CPU, when MRES triggered... led went solid and comms. continued. Seems wrong so I'll recheck that.

I'll try and complete a rewrite of the PDF.

Reply to Siemens S7 PLC SD memory card in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock