Discuss Single phase and 3 phase supply to same equipment in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stan80

DIY
Reaction score
I have a single phase stainless steel pasteuriser that has two control boxes attached to it. One box houses the control for the electronics and motor for the mixing paddle. The other box houses the supply to the water jacket immersion heater. The immersion heater is 1.5kw single phase and is very slow to heat the water jacket. At the moment, the power cable enters the control box and a tail feeds into the immersion box.
There is single and 3 phase in the building. Is it safe to replace the single phase immersion with a 6kw 3 phase one and have a separate supply to that box?
It will then have both a single phase cable to the control box and a three phase cable to the immersion box.

Can't you use three phase for all of it including the control side.

Can't you use three phase for all of it including the control side.
I had thought about that, but the controller box has a single phase to three phase inverter speed controller for the three phase motor and I'm not sure about the supply requirements. Rather than mess around with the supply to that, I thought it would be simpler to just run a separate 3 phase supply to the immersion box, that way it would be much simpler to work out the power requirements for the new immersion.

Reply to Single phase and 3 phase supply to same equipment in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi I have inherited a compressor with a single phase motor but its been stripped and I need to fathom out what's what.. I don't know if it even...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock