Discuss Some handy tips on here, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A decent one can be a lifesaver if you do a lot of work in confined spaces where you've got 'no other option'.
I wouldn't get that DeWalt one in the picture though.
If you've managed for years without even considering one the chances are you don't need to splash out on one now.

Bought a angle drill when we was doing lots of new builds priceless then as got daily use. Lucky to get it out twice a year now.

I was taught to drill every other joist from one side then the other joist from the other side, you end up being able to feed cables in on a downward slope and pull out on an upward slope pulling through two joists at a time with minimum frictional resistance, easier to avoid friction burns when adding 'just one more' aswell.

Just watched two ham-shanks moling about in an open stud wall with a bit stuck to a fishing rod...tell me no-one is considering emulating that gimcrack excursion....

Actually done on an insulation free wall for a Tv coax, used a radio controlled car attached to draw wire under floors too.
...Good effort,but i hear your RC car draw...and i raise you,one highly trained hamster i regularly use for 4 core 185mm SWA...

Reply to Some handy tips on here, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views
I have all the new brown books and other electrical books but I was thinking it might be a good idea to keep a note in my phone of things I'm...
Replies
Views
So I had a ceiling repair done in my bathroom due to water damage. The neighbors toilet above me was leaking for who knows how long. Mold...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a professional coffe machine working at 220 V and it currently drain about 2,5 kW of power. I have made this simple and horrible...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock