Currently reading:
straw walls

Discuss straw walls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jay b

-
Reaction score
Quoted on a job, 2 wall lights & change light switch from 1g into 2g to accommodate, checked wall with detector gave a tap as you do all good just plasterboard stud wall(gave that hollow sound) drop off old switch cable nice and free quick check in loft, all good, cu all circuits RCD protected its a go. Got there today started with a happy face thinking a nice little job then it's a straw wall, all the partition walls are straw aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

I made a complete bollox of someones landing wall years ago putting a socket into straw, thank god for expanding foam, i stuck the house back together with it and bugger to the wiring regs, i had made a right pigs ear of it.....Phew:redface:

I made a complete bollox of someones landing wall years ago putting a socket into straw, thank god for expanding foam, i stuck the house back together with it and bugger to the wiring regs, i had made a right pigs ear of it.....Phew:redface:

Ah yes ....good old expanding foam. Next to Gaffer tape it's God's gift to bodgers everywhere !!

WONDERFUL stuff!

Whatever happened to that stuff in a can that could fix your puncture and pump up your tyres

Perhaps they re labelled it "Expanding foam"
It may have had a better chance of mass sales with us "rough as" sparks squirting it everywhere

I've worked on many stamic straw walls.......fun cutting boxes in with a stanley knife. but usually there is hole within the wall from top to bottom every so often big enough to get cables in. Nowwe days no doubt the cables will have to be downgraded! lol

Reply to straw walls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock