Discuss Sub board in garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DD1990

ok so im working in a property and the lady has a 16A RCBO on the RCD side of the fuse board in her house... it feeds a 100A 5way rcd CCU in her garage supplied by 2.5 SWA... everything in the garage turns on fine but when you plug anything into a socket it bypasses the 100A RCD in the garage and the RCBO in the house but trips the RCD in the house... if you take the RCBO neutral out and put it on the non RCD side of the house fuse board everthing works fine but you get a loop reading of 1.31ohms....overly confusing any help would be great.

N-E fault in garage. Whoever decided to put three RCDs in series though is an absolute moron! When you've sorted out the fault in the garage, connect the submain to an MCB on the non RCD side of the main DB, and make sure the MCB is connected to the busbar correctly, I suspect your higher Zdb is because the RCBOs clamp had missed the busbar.

Reply to Sub board in garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, if getting back to the CU is not an option, instead of spurring off a socket via a Sfs putting the rating down to 13a. Could you spur off the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Newly qualified electrician here who is in the process of re-wiring my own property. I have recently converted my old CU (if I can call...
Replies
Views
Hello all. 17th edition sparky here, but not been on site for the last 3/4 years (had a bit of an accident). Just bought a house with a 16mm 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock