Search the forum,

Discuss Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Englishman

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
They took their time, and may have been left with little choice after yesterday, but I still applaud the decision they took this morning to start the (hopefully) permanent professional football exile of that nonce case piece of ****. I hope he is hounded out of football upon his release from prison, just like rapist scum Ched Evans.

I agree that Sunderland have taken the right decision to terminate his contract after his plea of guilty, but I strongly feel that Sunderland have taken the right actions all along. You can't terminate a contract based on accusations. In this country you are innocent until proven (or plea) guilty. And Sunderland have upheld those values.

Anyone seen that Making a Murderer on Netflix yet? One of the best things I've watched in years, I was literally shouting at the TV at times. Well worth a watch for those with Netflix.

An off topic note, I'd hate to be single nowadays - I've been to local clubs and pubs and there are girls I know to be 14 and 15 out drinking, and they look nothing like the 14 or 15 they should look like. If 14 and 15 year olds can make themselves look old enough to not even trouble a sober doorman, then what chance does an unsuspecting young single lad have? I'm not using this to condone what Adam Johnson has done by any shape or form, just making a comment that it's not as simple as it was in the olden days and young lads have to be so careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the news this morning, he denies all charges. as said. innocent till proven guilty. what bugs me about all these cases, including alleged rapes, is that the accused is publicly named before trial and even if absolved from all guilt, his life is ruined by trial by media.

on the news this morning, he denies all charges. as said. innocent till proven guilty. what bugs me about all these cases, including alleged rapes, is that the accused is publicly named before trial and even if absolved from all guilt, his life is ruined by trial by media.

Tel I said the exact same thing when it came out last year. He could be as innocent as Mother Teresa but his life has been ruined by this coverage.

Not wanting to bang the drum about Making a Murderer, but the same thing happens - the media coverage accused the guy of being a murderer from day one, and it was impossible to find a jury that was impartial because of this.

That Netflix documentary was rather economical with the reality, the makers apparently ommited to mention a lot of evidence simply to make their program more entertaining.

There are sometimes reasons why releasing a suspects identity is beneficial to the prosecution, there's been many such cases recently.

There has been some cases of rape where one person coming forward has encouraged other people to come forward about that person.

Talbot, Clifford, Righton, Napier, Alstron, Glitter, Harris, plus rather a lot of God bothering types ...... to name but a few

All started with a single historical accusation, supported by little "real" evidence, public awareness gave others the courage to come forward, the result being a solid case.

Whilst not proven let's not forget Saville, Cyril Smith ....

There has been some cases of rape where one person coming forward has encouraged other people to come forward about that person.

Not just rapes ....

It's a very fine line between encouraging real victims to come forward, and prompting the numerous band waggon jumpers, which has led to a number of cases fàiling.

Not just rapes ....

It's a very fine line between encouraging real victims to come forward, and prompting the numerous band waggon jumpers, which has led to a number of cases fàiling.

I was just using rape as a reference... Yes not just rape.

This 'jumping on the band waggon' is a problem. Maybe harsher punishments for people wrongly accusing people of rape.

It's all over the media this morning that Sian Blake's partner has been arrested on reentry to the UK, paraded around in cuffs, there's been weeks of less than subttle hints at his guilt - without question his trial has been pre judged by many already, perhaps for some just subliminally.

Its a shame that there isn't a genetic marker that gets added to your gene sequence if you rape someone. The we can just use biological weapons to get rid of the people. I presume that this is too harsh....
I might get a visit from the MI5 people now for mentioning 'biological weapons'...

He denies two of the charges of sexual activity with a child. He's already gone guilty on one charge of grooming and one charge of sexual activity (a charge of kissing and touching) with a child.

Some of the guys at work are talking about this. Isn't the lass 15? It's hard to tell the age of some girls. It would be interesting to see her facebook page, if she has one. See how old she looks on the pics there.
At the end of the day, if he knew she was 15 then he deserves whatever he gets.

What would he deserve if he didn't know she was 15 ?

Its hard to prove he did know or he didn't know. If he truly didn't know then there should be no charge. Just my opinion.

Fortunatly pleading ignorance isnt a valid defence, for anything - not just my opionion :p

That is why I said its hard to prove either way. I agree, pleading ignorance isn't a valid defence. If the girl said she was 18 then that is a valid defence. I don't know the case, so it's hard to comment.

I agree with Spoon on this, and as I've said previously if a girl can fool a sober bouncer (and possibly bar staff) as to her real age, what chance does a drunk fella have? What's a guy supposed to do? Verify by means of ID a persons age? Should he take a photocopy of this ID and have it countersigned whilst he's on? I'm sensing a new money making scheme for nightclubs lol. If a girl says she's 18 and consents, and has also beaten system in terms of door security, then I'm left wondering what reasonable measures a young lad has when out on the pull.

However, it's a different matter if he's dropping her off at school the next day (not saying he did this, just saying that sort of thing would mean he knew her age).

The grooming charge seems to point that she was known to him for some time or her family was. (Child grooming is befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child, and sometimes the family, to lower the child's inhibitions for child sexual abuse)

Daily mirror has a list of some of the watsapp messages between the paedo and his victim. He knew full and well she had only just turned 15. Should be thrown into the wear wearing concrete boots!

Fingers crossed for a guilty on the other two charges, what's been reported doesn't look like the greatest evidence but I suppose it depends what she says in court, if she says anything. He will almost certainly serve time though, and lose his career. And then hopefully be dealt with.

So you'd want some form of retribution to supliment whatever our legal system had deemed to fit his crime ?

Do you think that the sentences given out to child sex offenders are representative of the harm they cause to children, the trauma they cause to families, and the risk they pose to every child who happens to end up near them?

That's a politicians trick, ignoring a question by answering it with another question.

So what form of extra judicial punishment are you advocating ? castration ? throw them off a building ? hanging ? bullet between the eyes ?

Me ? - I'd be happy with whatever punishment our legal system deemed to suit the crime, that's what civilised folks in civilised places tend to do.

So you're happy with people who hoard sexual pictures of children getting suspended sentences? Community orders? You're happy that rapists get 5 years, yet someone who defrauds the taxman gets 18? If that makes me uncivilised, then I'm proud of that fact.

I'm not gonna sit here and make threats, but I don't advocate death, that's too kind, there would be a lot more pain, and for a lot longer time than just simple murder.

If you're asking me what I'd like to see happen to child sex offenders or rapists, then I'll answer it. I would love to send them down a slide, underground, with a nice 20ft drop at the end, enough to break a leg or ankles. I would then just leave them there to die. These sort of scum need eradicating and deserve nothing but a slow, painful death.

So you'd want some form of retribution to supliment whatever our legal system had deemed to fit his crime ?

Unfortunately the British justice system doesn't see castration and leg breaking as acceptable puishment against paedos so yeah there would need to be retribution alongside whatever slap on the wrists the court gives him!

No, you've just assumed that.

He actually didn't assume that, it's what you said above sean. You said abouve that ud be happy with whatever sentence the courts imposed and as the example Englishman presented is commonplace then you must actually be happy sex offenders get lenient sentences!

So you're happy with people who hoard sexual pictures of children getting suspended sentences? Community orders? You're happy that rapists get 5 years, yet someone who defrauds the taxman gets 18? .

This is what he's assumed, he's conflated my disagreement with his sadistic retribution with the acceptance of the above - I said no such thing.

This is what he's assumed, he's conflated my disagreement with his sadistic retribution with the acceptance of the above - I said no such thing.

There was no assumption

Me ? - I'd be happy with whatever punishment our legal system deemed to suit the crime, that's what civilised folks in civilised places tend to do.

So you're saying that you're happy with the derisory sentences handed out to child sex offenders, because that's what the punishment that "the legal system deemed to suit the crime" thereby saying that you're happy with all sentences handed out to child sex offenders, because the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell.

And child sex offenders deserve the most sadistic punishment available and nothing less. And I would be happy to carry this out, as I'm sure most on here would.

Last edited:
There was no assumption

So you're saying that ........

You don't get it do you

You've said you've not made an assumption, yet you follow that comment with an assumption of what I am saying.

You then follow up with a complete work of fiction about the fate of child sex offenders

"the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell"

Do you really beleive that to be true ?

There is always two sides to every story and although I've not kept upto date with the Johnson case I have "followed" the Ched Evans case. Please have a read of his website.
Ched Evans Was Wrongly Convicted of Rape on 20th April 2012 | Ched Evans Official Website
Imagine if he's innocent.

Maybe he is innocent, but why was he found guilty, why did the court of appeal reject his challenge ?

He's fortunate to have a few quid, so he can afford to employ advocates for his lost cause.

That website is a nonsense - photos of him holding kids, with a cute dog, at a wedding - portraying him as just another bloke.

An entire page stating that the victim deleted some of her online content, implying it was relevant to the defences case.

Another page detailing how many visitors the site has had and how much "support" he has.

It's just paid for propaganda, his legal team will be very happy - until his wallet is empty.

Here's a less biased view of that case.

The Ched Evans case shows rape victim-blamers are getting scared | Joan Smith | Opinion | The Guardian

You don't get it do you

You've said you've not made an assumption, yet you follow that comment with an assumption of what I am saying.

You then follow up with a complete work of fiction about the fate of child sex offenders

"the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell"

Do you really beleive that to be true ?

Let me ask you something Sean.

Do you consider somebody who hoards thousands of pictures and videos of children either naked or involved in sexual acts to be "child sex offenders"?

Let me ask you something Sean.

Do you consider somebody who hoards thousands of pictures and videos of children either naked or involved in sexual acts to be "child sex offenders"?

How about you answer my question to you above first ?

With something other than an opinion, as its rather a sweeping statement you've made.

to get back to the real world. at least blunderland have beaten the devil. 2-1.

.......... thereby saying that you're happy with all sentences handed out to child sex offenders, because the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell.

I've made it easy for you - you've stated that very few child sex offenders see the inside of a prison cell

I asked do you really beleive that to be true ?

My definition of what a child sex offender is totally irrelevant, unless I'm a jury member considering the evidence before me. That's how justice is supposed to work in this Country, everyone is presumed innocent until judged by a jury of their peers with due regard to the laws of the land. If someone is found guilty of hoarding images then he is clearly guilty of whatever law he was prosecuted under. Feel free to add easy to understand labels if you want, but there's been a few rather unfortunate misinterpretations of such label - some with very tragic consequences.

Now how about you answer my question ?

I've made it easy for you - you've stated that very few child sex offenders see the inside of a prison cell

I asked do you really beleive that to be true ?

My definition of what a child sex offender is totally irrelevant, unless I'm a jury member considering the evidence before me. That's how justice is supposed to work in this Country, everyone is presumed innocent until judged by a jury of their peers with due regard to the laws of the land. If someone is found guilty of hoarding images then he is clearly guilty of whatever law he was prosecuted under. Feel free to add easy to understand labels if you want, but there's been a few rather unfortunate misinterpretations of such label - some with very tragic consequences.

Now how about you answer my question ?

No no, you see, it is entirely relevant because it's a large sample which goes into the statistic. So, once again, do you consider somebody who hoards pictures and videos of naked children, or children involved in sexual acts to be a child sex offender?

It's a simple yes or no answer. I don't know why you refuse to answer it.

Last edited:
No no, you see, it is entirely relevant because it's a large sample which goes into the statistic. So, once again, do you consider somebody who hoards pictures and videos of baked children, or children involved in sexual acts to be a child sex offender?

It's a simple yes or no answer. I don't know why you refuse to answer it.

I certainly do

Time we had consistant policy of it dont matter who or what you are you get the same. Fed up with I would lose my job or other silly excuses.
Adam has lost his job so wont be able to support his family AND RIGHTLY SO.

I agree, but let's not be under the impression that every offender avoids jail

Reply to Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net