Discuss t5 fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Julius1989

Hi All,
I went up to look at a small office room that has three t5 54w light fittings. Each fitting is a double. The lights turn on and strike immediately. Once they are on the will slowly dim down then slowly go bright again ever once in a while (not flickering and light is equal along the length of the tube). All three fittings react the same at the same time. All three fittings are fed from a normal light switch, checked all connections in fittings and switch look ok.

Someone has been past before me and put a fluke calibrated logger on for a few days and there were no voltage fluctuations.

I tried swapping tubes made no difference (didn't really think it would).

I only had 20 mins at it before home. I don't have fitting or ballast details yet. Going to have another look tomorrow.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Could one fitting have a duff ballast and be interfering with the others?

The building has a radar installation attached to it, could that be messing them up?

Any thoughts would be welcome, I'm going to get serious on them tomorrow and would appreciate any ideas

Thanks in advance

Julius

Is there a dimming circuit involved , check the input and if there is a separate supply to a connection marked 0 to 12 V,
If thats the case then you could have a faulty sensor , the sensor is basically an occupancy sensor dimming the lights in that area if no ones around.

May well be thorlux or dextra lights with a built in light level adjuster which dims up and down according to the light In the room,

Reply to t5 fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
Hi we are replacing light fittings in our home. Im confident with the fitting aspect, but have run into doubt in making the right choice of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
I'm not trade. Q about light fittings and water. Our village hall has a bar, with a sink for glass washing. We want to put a light above the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock