Discuss Terrestrial Tv head ache in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mgnelec09

I am working on a new build and ran all my tv cables into the loft as previously agreed.

The owner has now opted not to have an access hatch into the loft and would like me to move the cabkes to another point.

there are about 7 cables and at least of them will require jointing.

what is the best way to go about this?

Also can someone please clarify this.

I was goint to run one single coax outside to a wall mounted aerial and joint the cables in the loft using a splitter. Would I need to use a booster also? And now that he doesnt want this in the loft, have you any suggestions. bare in mind the cables are cliped and the loft insulated.

Many Thanks

i reckon you definitely need a booster. is there a suitable cupboard/wardrobe to put it in? you can join the cables with coax connectors

I don't fancy trolling through the building regs, so will concede that there is no requirement for loft access, but why? I mush have been up more lofts that I care to remember and double the amount again in homes where I haven't needed to be in loft, but have yet to see one that did not have loft access.

If it was agreed originally that was how the installation was to be done, and now it as changed then charge him for the extra work on day rate

The owner has now opted not to have an access hatch into the loft and would like me to move the cabkes to another point.
What are his reasons for doing this and how does he expect to be able to get into the loft in future? Take the ceiling down or take the roof off?
I think I would be tempted to point out that he's potentially storing up a massive problem for the future; OK he might not have a load of junk to store up there right now, but at some point in the future someone might need to get to the cables, not to mention this problem of where to put the aerial booster.

Reply to Terrestrial Tv head ache in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net