Discuss Testing ballasts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CTID

I'm working on site as an electricians mate. Currently site is using 110V temporary lighting, amount of lamps ordered are same number as fittings, no spares.

Recently one or two fittings/lamps are failing, no spares to try another lamp to prove lamp. Is there a way to test the ballast, bearing in mind during 1st fix I normally only carry a fluke t5 and di-log clamp meter.

Thanks in advance

Boss is only spark on site today but is in a meeting. I can wait for him but was just seeing if there was a way of me being able to test it with the limited equipment I have on me at present.

Awkward to get at other fitting without platform, which is currently unreachable due to boarders blocking it in. I will wait for my boss. Was just interested to know if the ballast could be tested easily enough to not warrant moving boards and setting up the platform.

Thanks though :)

Reply to Testing ballasts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently in the process of changing lamps, all 32w GX24p-3. Every one has had to have the ballast changed. New lamps in, not working. New...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Hi All new here looking for your advice. i have a fluorescent tube fitted in my kitchen which is no longer working. Changed bulb checked trips...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
I "recently" contacted my DNO to have an isolator switch fitted beside my meter (my consumer unit needs changing and I didn't want to pull the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock