Discuss The French Way in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Jag Lover

Had to look at a motor that burned out in a brake pad factory,found a French Motor rated at 600 volts 3 phase 60hz,they had an islolation transformer connected to 415 Star,with a neutral for some reason secondary,.ungrounded delta with 9 pygmy bulbs as crude ground fault detectors guy said two banks had been lit after a storm,we replaced that beast with a standard 90hp motor.where in france they use 60hz.

Is it possible to block someone on here as I have no idea what he is on about. The randomness is just getting a bit too much for me now.

Unfortunately it would seem not.

As for a 60Hz motor on 50Hz. They will work fine with reduction of shaft output. Try to get the full OP and the heat will toast the motor. I’ve got the tee shirt!

This motor had been fine for 46 years until a rat managed to squeeze in through an empty peckerhead,the cover had been knocked off by a forklift years ago,when I first dismantled it and saw what happened to him,the tea lady said,well xxxx me,that didn't end very very well,funny since she had a ratatouille tea shirt on at the time.Not sure what he exact hp was,all I saw ,tensione a la morte.

A peckerhead is a hockey stick pro jection on the connection box for routing cables the expression is American,i worked for a time in Jersey and met a few old wiseguys,my mum is Sicilian American,always telling me stories about the mob,we hit this guy burned that guy,just remember if de boss says a guys gotta go he goes or you might get whacked.

Reply to The French Way in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock